back to front pricing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Just done my first job for a kitchen/bathroom company

8 downlighters fire rated(4 in each room) no access from above (flat roof) and ceiling not coming down

remove and make safe 4 sockets and an extractor fan.

gas/water bonding 20m worth

upgrade main earth 2.5mm--16mm:O

testing

they have already priced in for 8 downlighters but not the bonding (they didnt know what that was: O)

Due to all the messing about measuring and missing the joists,,running the cable etc i have priced it at

Me supplying Lvoh and the original lighting cables needed extending
What about how far? mileage.... round the corner or half a tank job???

Oh... and is it the customer paying or the kitchen company???

Did you discuss anything about the price before hand??

Are there any advantage to deals/discount for further work..?

One the one hand can sound bit high...

but then allowing for measuring & cutting & fiddling & fartin around..

with 8 recessed lights....

working on a simple allowance of 3/4 hrs per ceiling light AND if you cant access above??

plus your other bonding & diss' & testing..

prob not to bad?? ?:|

Again you also have to consider.. this may be the only job you get from them..

so don't want to be short changed?? ?:| ;)

What about how far? mileage.... round the corner or half a tank job???10 miles round trip

Oh... and is it the customer paying or the kitchen company???

Kitchen Company so you know they have priced high

Did you discuss anything about the price before hand??

nope,,,but they knew it was a pig

Are there any advantage to deals/discount for further work..?

No discounts for them !! except a keen dayrate i have seen what they charge :eek:

One the one hand can sound bit high...

but then allowing for measuring & cutting & fiddling & fartin around..

with 8 recessed lights....

getting them symetrical and the shower cubicle was in

working on a simple allowance of 3/4 hrs per ceiling light AND if you cant access above??

plus your other bonding & diss' & testing..

prob not to bad?? ?:|

How much!!! No wonder they got rid of him. :^O I find that by the time I've fitted in around other trades, what should be 2days work works out at 3-4 so price accordingly, and avoid being greedy. (Do stand your ground and avoid delaying your work to suite other people too much).

Half days are worst becuse its difficult to fill other half a day, so price slightly higher for half days, but does come in handy for paperwork, quotes etc.
My thoughts too, m8.

Sound about right-ish :) but you have to ensure that you have made the amount of money from that job, that you & your business needs to make.

I know MFI used to charge the customers about 800 quid for the installation of a few sockets and local earth/bonding upgrades.

The sockets were simple radials - basically as quick and as little as they had to do. - they would be done in about 3 hours. The cabling below worksurface was surface mounted.

I know this, as I have two friends who had a kitchen fitted by them, and I ended up doing the wiring once they told me how much MFI wanted and what they were going to do!

D.