Backwards step?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, They self generate 100% renewable energy and feed into the grid, this is matched against tariff subscribers. Another of your made up "facts".

Anyway, enough, I'm not responding to you anymore on the topic, enjoy living in the past, driving your Diesel 600 miles without stopping to prove a point, hopefully you wont explode into a cloud of piss as your bladder finally gives up from abuse!:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Oh dear, personal insults now, have you run out of made up facts,?
And if you believe they have 100% renewable energy, how do you suppose that knows where you live, and doesn't go to Bob's house next door by mistake, and you get Bob's coal fired electric,? :ROFLMAO:

You really are deluded, do you need me to call someone for you, ?

Oh dear, personal insults now, have you run out of made up facts,?
And if you believe they have 100% renewable energy, how do you suppose that knows where you live, and doesn't go to Bob's house next door by mistake, and you get Bob's coal fired electric,? :ROFLMAO:

You really are deluded, do you need me to call someone for you, ?
Oh come on, that was quite funny, hardly a personal insult! I won't dignify the other nonsense with a reply, as I can't believe you can't grasp how the grid works and how consumers are matched to a given generation type.

Enough already, I'm still wasting my time with this?!

Oh come on, that was quite funny, hardly a personal insult! I won't dignify the other nonsense with a reply, as I can't believe you can't grasp how the grid works and how consumers are matched to a given generation type.

Enough already, I'm still wasting my time with this?!
I am seriously in disbelief at this,
You claim to have 100% renewable energy, and you can't tell me how it knows to go to your house and not Bob next door,?
Yet another spurious claim of yours, along with octopus generating all their own renewable energy to start with, they are a supply company, they don't give 2 fks who they buy from, as long as the generating co has paid the carbon offset

You really have no idea how this all works at all

I don’t for one minute believe that any profit making business is going to generate sufficient renewable energy to meet its customers needs that I believe is a loss leader, it is not cheap to develop all the renewable energy sources and given that I hear that Octopus is one of the cheaper suppliers then I very much doubt they produce anything substantial and just buy in what ever they are given despite all the PR waffle.
Let’s face it how many vehicle Mfrs have deceived their customers with false emissions claims, but we were not aware when we purchased only after the scandal broke did we get to know?

I am seriously in disbelief at this,
You claim to have 100% renewable energy,
There's more than one company that have invested enough money in solar, wind etc to supply all the energy they sell to customers. Now it's fair enough to say it all gets mixed in over the grid, but that doesn't really change the fact they generate enough green leccy in the first place.

Can someone explain how you can get 100% renewable energy this simple Physics grad can't grasp the concept, the physical panels or turbines have to be manufactured and use resources from somewhere and that should be taken into account on the energy equation.

The miss use of the concept of 100% renewable energy is actually referring to the power being used and not the power that is produced, therefore, is a miss-leading use of the concept.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how you can get 100% renewable energy this simple Physics grad can't grasp the concept, the physical panels or turbines have to be manufactured and use resources from somewhere and that should be taken into account on the energy equation.

The miss use of the concept of 100% renewable energy is actually referring to the power being used and not the power that is produced, therefore, is a miss-leading use of the concept.
Give it a few years and the ambulance chasers will pick up on this mis-sold green energy and claims will be rife. I can hear it now,
Client to solicitor: “ well I believed it was 100% renewable had no reason to doubt, although there was this forum that highlighted the fact but I chose to see that as snake oil?”

Good point, It is correct as it refers to completed infrastructure that generates 100% of power from an ongoing, self renewing source such as wind or solar, rather than the none renewable alternative that needs to burn something in a boiler or furnace once, then you need to use more and continue to create ongoing emissions.

So 100% renewable energy is a correct description, but maybe they should add "but we used some resources and caused some carbon footprint to get to the completed infrastructure in the first place" and "it needs ongoing maintenance, it isn't self maintaining" ;)

Last edited:
Good point, It is correct as it refers to completed infrastructure that generates 100% of power from an ongoing, self renewing source such a wind or solar, rather than the none renewable alternative that needs to burn something in a boiler or furnace and burn it once, then you need to use more and continue to create ongoing emissions.

So 100% renewable energy is a correct description, but maybe they should add "but we used some resources and caused some carbon footprint to get to the completed infrastructure in the first place" and "it needs ongoing maintenance, it isn't self maintaining" ;)
It is very easy to see what kind of guy you are by your reactions
You are clearly suffering from MSM overload

It is very easy to see what kind of guy you are by your reactions
You are clearly suffering from MSM overload
MSM overload eh? Easy to tell who you are from that as well, back to your conspiracy theory riddled worldview you go, I'm not engaging with any more nutters, thanks :)

I m so old 😪 I thought the only green things were Martians , and that was pollocks too 😳.

I'm suddenty reminded of this (go to 22:33) from the secret life of machines (which has been remastered and is available to watch online) . Its interesting that that was made over 30 years ago when the only EV you'd see on the roads was the milk float

Back on track.

Often heard "My electric car runs on 100% renewable energy" the owner does not understand the concept, the power they charge their car with in not renewable, its used up in the same way as fossil fuels.

I wonder how long it will be before the Government do a Gordon Brown on these EV vehicles?

Back on track.

Often heard "My electric car runs on 100% renewable energy" the owner does not understand the concept, the power they charge their car with in not renewable, its used up in the same way as fossil fuels.

I wonder how long it will be before the Government do a Gordon Brown on these EV vehicles?
If indeed the EV owner is running on renewable energy, either solar or wind generated, then the definition is correct as the generation source is renewable. Of course the particular "batch" for want of a better word of energy used at any given time has gone.

If you are referring to the push to Diesel by Gordon and subsequent realisation thay it was actually more awful than petrol, never. Go and test drive an EV, any EV and you'll see why. As better technology comes along, eventually everyone switches, you may be a late adopter, but you will too eventually. There will still be collectable classics running on petrol just like I passed a steam engine the other day, it was lovely, but fuel burning engines are coming to the end of thier run for mainstream car and light van use.

I know enough about EV to know they are possibly they future, but they certainly aren't the present.
;)

If you accept that EVs might be the future even though they are not yet entirely viable for the present, what do you think will change to make them the future?

Besides, what new technology has ever been viable when first introduced? Even the now beloved ICE had plenty of detractors when first invented.

I'm just waiting for the multi EV pile up on a motorway as it is bound to happen at some point, and when the motorway is subsequently closed for a week the realisation will dawn that an EV fire can't be easily put out with a few brigades I have spoken to having a policy of wait, watch and contain the fire until it burns out in a few days or so

I'm just waiting for the multi EV pile up on a motorway as it is bound to happen at some point, and when the motorway is subsequently closed for a week the realisation will dawn that an EV fire can't be easily put out with a few brigades I have spoken to having a policy of wait, watch and contain the fire until it burns out in a few days or so
depends which battery chemistry they are using, some self generate oxgen and perpetuaute a fire, others don't generate oxygen and basically self extinguish.