bath tub

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguar1

Reaction score
If i cross bond hot cold and bathtub and the earth return path is a poor reading.Can i run another earth wire from the bath to the MET at the cut out, as connecting this earth wire to the light circuit and shower circuit will look terrible , or can i connect it to the earth bar in the consumer unit ?

If all circuits in the bathroom are protected by an rccd do i have to bother cross bonding , thankyou .

If i cross bond hot cold and bathtub and the earth return path is a poor reading.Can i run another earth wire from the bath to the MET at the cut out, as connecting this earth wire to the light circuit and shower circuit will look terrible , or can i connect it to the earth bar in the consumer unit ?If all circuits in the bathroom are protected by an rccd do i have to bother cross bonding , thankyou .
My personal view here is:

RCD the bathroom (17th edition), then forget the cross bonding...

But I ask is there any underlying reason why your measurements are poor?

:|

My personal view here is:RCD the bathroom (17th edition), then forget the cross bonding...

But I ask is there any underlying reason why your measurements are poor?

:|
If you can prove disconnection times EXT, then it can be reduced / Omitted.

if, and its an if,

you want to go by bs7671,

then there is no reason why you couldnt run the bond back to the MET,

CPCs are acceptable as cross bonding in the bathroom,

someone look up the reg please, mine are numbered in roman numerals, :^O :^O:^O

but as has been asked, is there some underlying reason as to why the readings should be high?

if, and its an if, you want to go by bs7671,

then there is no reason why you couldnt run the bond back to the MET,

CPCs are acceptable as cross bonding in the bathroom,

someone look up the reg please, mine are numbered in roman numerals, :^O :^O:^O

but as has been asked, is there some underlying reason as to why the readings should be high?
back to the met is not supplementary bonding

back to the met is not supplementary bonding
its not, but there it joins to the cpc for the shower and light and the cpc for those circuits are permitted as supplementary bonding.

I could go look up the reg, but in all honesty i cant be bothered, too late.

I'll have a look tomoz if i remember.

Surely, supplementary bonding in a bathroom is about creating a local zero potential zone (between all relevant metalwork)...

The problem with a running a cable back to the MET is it could be disconnected or even damaged, rendering the supp bonding in the bathroom non compliant..

(just my thoughts..)

; \

(16th edition) supp bonding can be just outside the bathroom (loft space or adjacent room/cupboard)

Sorry steptoe, but IMHO, Ext is right here. CPC`s can`t be classed as supp. bonds because, in the majority of cases, they won`t have a large enough csa. Shower exempt, of course.

The run back to the MET, then back to the bathroom could provide a reading, in some cases, in excess of 1 ohm. You really trying to say that would be acceptable????

Sorry steptoe, but IMHO, Ext is right here. CPC`s can`t be classed as supp. bonds because, in the majority of cases, they won`t have a large enough csa. Shower exempt, of course.The run back to the MET, then back to the bathroom could provide a reading, in some cases, in excess of 1 ohm. You really trying to say that would be acceptable????
I have no problem with that,

but why o why does the precious BS&^&! (7671)say that is acceptable?

I will deffo get the reg for tomoz, was too lazy today cos i tot some1 else woulda had it.

I totally agree guys, thats yet another reason that i think 7671 is a load of baby bits!

contradictions all over.

tho, why would the lighting cpc not be adequate to handle the fault if its good enough for the fault on the lighting circuit?

surely the cross bonding and the shower cpc can handle their own respective faults?

and the lighting cpc can handle any indirect fault thru its own.? (serious Q there)

I reckon someone needs to go to my post on 'sparks own house' and look at how i propose to do my own bathroom. :D :D

dont seem so silly now ? does it?