Bathroom Downlights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapleford

Reaction score
Just tried to fit some IP65 fire rated spots in a clients bathroom, picked them up from C(sh)ity Electrical, absolute pooh, cut the holes in ceiling (73mm) tried to fit the first but the springs wouldn't hold the spot in place, tried the next and was just the same. 4 holes in ceiling and no lights not good so when I order up the next lot when this load of landfill goes back, which ones should I order as this is the last time I let City order me in that junk. Any suggestions?

not being rude,

but did you put the springs on them right?

seen it loadsa times going to houses to fix droopy spots where the 'spark' hadnt fitted the springs properly.

CLICK are good for the money, look OK too, I got some in my kitchen. brushed chrome with a stepped edge. :8}

Slips missus has the old tarnished brass ones that I took out, :D :D

Mmm......

I've had instances of spots not being very sound, even though the holes were the correct size...

Poo...

; \

The ceiling is brand new!!! Untouched by human hands, just a plasterer, painter and myself. The lights are Tamlite Starlites with the springs pre-attached. The instructions state putting the springs in the vertical position then pushing them into the ceiling but in doing this the springs become limp like they have been overstreched and will not provide enough support to keep the lights in the ceiling. As Citys don't open till after I start, I may try putting an extra bit of plasterboard in just to see if it helps. I'm just about to have a look for Clicks on the web. Cheers all.

Hello mapleford

aurora ip rated downlights have a 72mm cut out so should be ideal. I have used them a few times with no problems. sf used to do them but I don't think they do them anymore. I have brought them from city's in the past. I don't no if they still do them. Hope this helps.

Batty