Be aware of your Cat !!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
My neighbour has a Ford Galaxy

parked it in an NCP carpark on friday and had his cat converter stolen

it wasnt the first one that day to be nicked,,,apparently it was removed with bolt croppers

it is that latest thing to have nicked so all you guys with decent vans beware

and he has lost his vehicle for 10 days until a replacement arrives :(

My neighbour has a Ford Galaxyparked it in an NCP carpark on friday and had his cat converter stolen

it wasnt the first one that day to be nicked,,,apparently it was removed with bolt croppers

Bl***y heck! :(

What part of the country was that in Theo? X(

Yeah, I have heard that this is the latest target of unscrupulous lil B*stards, If anyone catches one in the act..........Run him over.

I know that they contain platinum but is it at a high enough amount worth it for scrap? Or are they just selling the whole unit on as a replacement?

I know that they contain platinum but is it at a high enough amount worth it for scrap? Or are they just selling the whole unit on as a replacement?
according to the police it is for replacement

higher end cars mpv etc the cost is in the hundreds to replace,,mine cost

Yes - They would be used on other vehicles - the price on them are extorionate. Another example of "Rip off Britain". :(

Shhhhhh! Dont mention the price of diesel............ Oh sh*t I just did, didnt I.

Yep, its getting quite common. Also quite a few new motors have plastic fuel tanks. The theiving scum are drilling them out to nick the fuel. Then apart from you having to AA (or others) home, another couple of hundred quid for a new tank.

4 lads from down this way have just been busted doing the tank thing, 3 twenty yr olds & a 17 yr old.

What gets me is if it isnt a plastic tank but metal, they could do more than just puncture the tank.

There was a protest near us, all the tractors and caravan drivers seemed to be having a go slow, all the way to the seaside.

4 lads from down this way have just been busted doing the tank thing, 3 twenty yr olds & a 17 yr old.What gets me is if it isnt a plastic tank but metal, they could do more than just puncture the tank.
Who ever said Pikeys had the brains they were born with? ]:)

One of the van dealers near me had half a dozen cats nicked from the bottom of his vans a few weeks back.

Last Summer I was working in bandit country(Crawley in Sussex) and the local newspaper had a story of some pikey drilling car fuel tanks in some street. He wasn't very successful as the residents woke the next morning to find the street awash with petrol.

My neighbour has a Ford Galaxyparked it in an NCP carpark on friday and had his cat converter stolen

He got his vehicle back 2day

Heard on the radio today, that some bloke tried nicking the diesel from a mobile-home, but instead of the diesel tank, they had siphoned the waste tank instead.

I wonder if they put in a tube and s*****?