Be warned!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was called in Feb. by a company who do "snagging" for new builds; on behalf of the builders.

They needed a cooker hood changed in a Persimmon house, because there was a scratch on the stainless. H+S & Persimmon said there had to be an electrician on the site; and asked me to do the works. All backed up by Persimmon paperwork.

The job was duly completed, and a happy customer signed the form. This was posted off to this company`s head office; along with an invoice.

The spiel was that if you get an invoice in by the 10th of the month, it would be credited to your acct. within 3 days.

Guess what - after 2 reminder notices, I`ve still had no payment, or acknowledgement from them. :( :_| X(

Just be warned guys - I wouldn`t want them to catch anyone else. X(

"Total Installations (U.K) Ltd". BlacklistedB) X(

Unfortunately, This is quite common - from reading posts from another forum... Can't remember which? ]:)

Sorry to hear that though KME, I hope you do eventually get your invoice paid, Mate.

I was called in Feb. by a company who do "snagging" for new builds; on behalf of the builders.They needed a cooker hood changed in a Persimmon house, because there was a scratch on the stainless. H+S & Persimmon said there had to be an electrician on the site; and asked me to do the works. All backed up by Persimmon paperwork.

The job was duly completed, and a happy customer signed the form. This was posted off to this company`s head office; along with an invoice.

The spiel was that if you get an invoice in by the 10th of the month, it would be credited to your acct. within 3 days.

Guess what - after 2 reminder notices, I`ve still had no payment, or acknowledgement from them. :( :_| X(

Sorry to hear that m8!:( X(

Not that its much help now but have you ever used Companies House

free web check service to get a quick update on the status of a Ltd company???

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/ca412c370264885443d2fb9b568e104b/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

It can give a quick idea of how long they have been going & if there accounts are up to date!

I just put "Total Installations (U.K) Ltd"

in the search it came up as follows...

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/ca412c370264885443d2fb9b568e104b/compdetails

Not sure if this is the same company you are talking about?

It also can help if you send a "signed for" letter to the registered office..

then you have evidence that they have definitely received your bill!

Name & Registered Office:

TOTAL INSTALLATION (UK) LIMITED

DOLGOED

WATERLOO MACHEN

CAERPHILLY

CF83 8NJ

Company No. 05594097

Date of Incorporation: 17/10/2005

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

4542 - Joinery installation

Accounting Reference Date: 31/10

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/10/2006 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 31/08/2008

Last Return Made Up To: 17/10/2006

Next Return Due: 14/11/2007 OVERDUE hmm? may be nothing... ?:| or there again may be a warning sign!? X(

Last Members List: 17/10/2006

Write to them again with a signed for letter requesting a prompt reply within 10 working days.. ??

see if anything comes back then?

Best of luck m8:|

I was called in Feb. by a company who do "snagging" for new builds; on behalf of the builders.They needed a cooker hood changed in a Persimmon house, because there was a scratch on the stainless. H+S & Persimmon said there had to be an electrician on the site; and asked me to do the works. All backed up by Persimmon paperwork.

I think we need to be careful what we say or wtite about other companies they may take offence to that

But what S.L. has posted is quite legite as its in the public domain

wouldnt want this forum to get slapped wrist :(

I think we need to be careful what we say or wtite about other companies they may take offence to thatBut what S.L. has posted is quite legit as its in the public domain

Agree with your point there Theory...do need to tread cautious.

But also, there are a lot of other websites specifically dealing with customer dissatisfaction with businesses..

such as:

http://www.clik2complaints.co.uk/

for example....

I think as long as information is factual not libellous etc..should be OK:O

And that Admin are OK with it of course! :D

There is also a case for been able to warn others if you have been ripped off!B)

Also as you say the companies house info is available to anyone who cares to ask or view...

more detailed stuff you have to pay for..

I also sometimes use the C-House search to check some Internet traders...? :)

May be catch you later peoples..few jobs to do then I off out for a bit..

perhaps after 11:30...

when me medications worn off!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D ]:) ] :) ]:) B)
and when ive gone to bed

yeah thanks :)

I think we need to be careful what we say or wtite about other companies they may take offence to thatBut what S.L. has posted is quite legite as its in the public domain

Quite right Sir.

WOW! SL sir. You are the mutts nutts my friend. :x

I wasn`t aware of the free check!!! Duh. :(

Yes, that`s the company concerned. I`ll try your advice; and see what happens. ?:|

Ad; if you feel it necessary to remove their name; feel free. I didn`t believe I was causing any issue; but you`re the boss. :)

SL - when that lazy, good for nothing admin guy:O] :) gets `em sorted, you`ll be inundated with the scoobs m8.B)

Cool. Tks VM:D:x

Oh yeah - Evenin`all!

WOW! SL sir. You are the mutts nutts my friend. :x I wasn`t aware of the free check!!! Duh. :(

Yes, that`s the company concerned. I`ll try your advice; and see what happens. ?:|

Ad; if you feel it necessary to remove their name; feel free. I didn`t believe I was causing any issue; but you`re the boss. :)

SL - when that lazy, good for nothing admin guy:O] :) gets `em sorted, you`ll be inundated with the scoobs m8.B)

Cool. Tks VM:D:x

Oh yeah - Evenin`all!
Don't forget..

you can always use the services of the Don's boys! ]:) ] :)

That is one of the complimentary privileges of being a forum member!

And the Don enjoys keeping his boys on their toes!B)B)

:^O :^O:^O

Hope you can sort it m8? :|

Originally Posted by SPECIAL LOCATION May be catch you later peoples..

few jobs to do then I off out for a bit..

perhaps after 11:30...

when me medications worn off!!!!!
and when ive gone to bedyeah thanks :)
What? :_|

I thought you could stay up late on a Friday? :|

no school tomorrow? :)

You must have been a naughty boy!! ]:) ] :) ]:)

I think my good lady says something along similar lines to this?........... ?:| But she means it in a different context!!! :^O :^O:^O:^O] :) ]:) ]:)B)B)
err.... so does my girlfriend :( :( :( :( :D :D:D