Best Home CCTV

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

mapleford

Reaction score
Just been asked if I could fit a CCTV system on the front of his house, it's to cover his new BMW X6 (4th in country). Guess I'm going to need 2 or 3 cameras and a DVR. What would you guys suggest including makes, models etc.... Suggested a Rotty in the car but that was a no go. I presume as it's a domestic residence (with a wife) that it'll have to "not look too much like Fort Knox"

Cheers All

Reaction score
i like the Pelco DX4000 for the DVR. Great Resolution and very reliable. As for cameras, it really depends on what you want them to do. Have you done a lens calculation? Is it just to provide a general view? Recognition/identification? Colour/Mono? Operational Requirement discussed with the customer? ie what does he/she want to see? IR sensitivity? Built in IR? Remote viewing? Fully functional? etc Or you could just get a kit from Henrys! :D or ADI Gardiners or any number of other wholesalers.

mapleford

Reaction score
Haven't yet really gone any further than being asked, just wondering more than anything what would be the most appropriate kit and therefore what price bracket he'd be looking at. He asked me also how much a new entryphone system would be for his new warehouse with video, suffice it to say he asked me to put in a basic audio system.