beware scam merchants

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daryl631

Reaction score
Just had run in with nic phoned them the other day about renewing this years assessment ,I had asked them if my payment was on dd they said no so i asked to defer payment to next month as things a bit tight this was agreed by operator,had letter from bank yesterday overdrawn

They keep sending me DD forms, so I ignore them as I'd much rather carry on as I currently do. Mark the due date on the wall chart phone them up the day before said date & pay by card over the phone.

As far as I understand with DD payments no mater what organisation you are dealing with..

the average phone answering staff do not have the authority to stop it without a formal written request....

and cuz they are automated, even a herd of galloping wilder beast would have problems stopping it on just a verbal request.

In the past when I cancelled a DD subscription to a magazine subscription,

I wrote to the magazine & my bank formally telling then I no longer allow any debits to be made form my account to the magazine...

then if the bank let payment go out..

which I no longer authorised them to do...

I could push the bank for reimbursement as well!!! ]:)

Basically the opposite of the DD mandate form you sign initially letting the original payments go out! ;)

Not that this helps you much at the moment Daryl:(

hope things pick up a bit for you:|

If you have internet banking you can cancell direct debits straight from there (if you're with HSBC anyways).
Concur with that m8...

I am with a different bank.. and I think this is a "standard" feature of any good internet bank service.

NIC won't give you any compo as they need at least 2 weeks to cancell DD's

you should have contacted your bank before the DD was due to come out (at least 4 hours notice)

They can cancell it straight away, you will find nobody cares bank or NIC........

Just sorted this today after about 15 phone calls 5 emails and head full of grey hair nic rang today to say they are reimbursing money in about 2 weeks(getting the most of interest lol).