Big companies call centres and heplp

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is it with big companies and their inability to allow customers to speak to knowledgeable staff - they all seem to want you to consult a website or "chat" with somebody who doesn't understand you or your question

A I write this I'm on hold to Virgin Media trying to make a change to our landline contract - what I want is clearly shown on their website BUT their sales staff don't seem to be able understand what is advertised, nor do anything about it.

We were with BT and they were no better

our mobiles are with vodafone and they are complete rubbish too.

These businesses seem to operate in a very arrogant way, once you have signed up ......................................... if i treated my customers this way I would destroy my business ..............

rant over 

I never speak to call centres, muppets. I always do direct for the jugular, the executive office. 
Always get the ceo email address, send the email and wait, always within a week I hear from the exec office. Then you actually get a sensible response, currently have Vw Uk by the exec office 👍

These businesses seem to operate in a very arrogant way, once you have signed up ......................................... if i treated my customers this way I would destroy my business ..............
It must be vastly cheaper to farm out call centres to the far East ....and also I presume it does NOT cast a fortune anymore to make an international call ,  or the concept wouldn't work.  

Everyone hates using  them , same as those cold sales calls from an Indian guy named David or Chris  .      Had two this morning  ..."Hello Mr Eevens I am from Microsoft"  etc 

It must be vastly cheaper to farm out call centres to the far East ....and also I presume it does NOT cast a fortune anymore to make an international call ,  or the concept wouldn't work.  

Everyone hates using  them , same as those cold sales calls from an Indian guy named David or Chris  .      Had two this morning  ..."Hello Mr Eevens I am from Microsoft"  etc 

You have to ponder on how much business they lose each year because of their awful customer service.

I got my query sorted with virgin , I hope, by calling as if I was a new customer.

It costs 10 x the cost to win new business than it does holding on to existing clients.

just had a call from Vw, they are looking at options to change the vehicle!! 

I dropped mine of at vw at 8.30 this morning ..... No phone call yet

I've always maintained customer service, especially when things go wrong, is the making of a good business. 

We have tken to using John Lewis a lot for that very reason.

Did you get my pm? 

an email to the top may yield a better result? 

Yes - thanks

It seems the service centre have flagged this to VW UK so I'm not expecting a bill, so if they try and bill me then the email will be so useful

Problem these days is that too many people turn to social media and rant,  rather than using a polite letter or email ................

Yes - thanks

It seems the service centre have flagged this to VW UK so I'm not expecting a bill, so if they try and bill me then the email will be so useful

Problem these days is that too many people turn to social media and rant,  rather than using a polite letter or email ................
this can be used to your advantage, a mate of mine had an issue with an insurance company recently and he told them not to worry about resolving other issue as he was going to start an open debate on social media about it, it wasn’t long before the insurance company realised the error of their ways and swiftly resolved the said issue. So whilst social media is a real sad place it has its advantages if used correctly.  

this can be used to your advantage, a mate of mine had an issue with an insurance company recently and he told them not to worry about resolving other issue as he was going to start an open debate on social media about it, it wasn’t long before the insurance company realised the error of their ways and swiftly resolved the said issue. So whilst social media is a real sad place it has its advantages if used correctly.  

Well - re my van - got it back today - no charge for the repair or the loan vehicle, so I suppose I should be happy😏

Latest posts