binary

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
<TABLE border=0 width="80%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=Main><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Joke Body" -->There are 10 types of people in this world.

Those that understand binary and those that don't.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 width="80%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=Main><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Joke Body" -->There are 10 types of people in this world.Those that understand binary and those that don't.

0100 actually AFAIK it goes 1248 1000,0100,1100,0010 etc

But reads from right to left!!
yes quite right, I remember now so thats:

so limited to 15 but (I think) 10 - 15 are represented (hexadecimal) as ABCDEF

Long time since I did any hex programming!

Binary and Hex are completley different numerical systems

Binary consists of 1's and 0's, usually in 8 bit blocks which are called bytes

Hex is as 16 base unit of measurement

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F

Binary and Hex are completley different numerical systemsBinary consists of 1's and 0's, usually in 8 bit blocks which are called bytes

Hex is as 16 base unit of measurement

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F
Yes different but HEX is used for making binary commands easier and quicker to process. Basically all the hex commands are broken down into their 1 and 0 components. I seem to remember hex commands like 3D8AFF which then are broken down by the HEX loader program into the binary. its a lot quicker typing in hex than binary.

Just basic stuff I learned at tech many moons ago. did some hex programming but since then the only bit of programming I've done is a bit of ladder logic on PLC's

Not sure whats used in programming these days C++ or something like that?

Yes different but HEX is used for making binary commands easier and quicker to process. Basically all the hex commands are broken down into their 1 and 0 components. I seem to remember hex commands like 3D8AFF which then are broken down by the HEX loader program into the binary. its a lot quicker typing in hex than binary.
Sounds like a heck of a bra size that!

Wet Fish

<TABLE border=0 width="80%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=Main><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Joke Body" -->There are 10 types of people in this world.Those that understand binary and those that don't.

*sigh*

10 is 2 in binary.............

:^O

I liked it KME

:C

I have a t shirt with that joke on it. Also had it as the sig on my email about 1010 years back.

I have a t shirt with that joke on it. Also had it as the sig on my email about 1010 years back.
So, you can say: been there, done that and got the Tee Shirt, then? :D