bit confused

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringy

Reaction score
hi guys i need some advice on a few things please...

im currently doing my 2330 level 3 at night school, ive completed my 2330 level 2 and the full 17th edition course.

ive got about 2 and a half years on site experience both commercial and domestic, my present employer is a right ****** who treats me like **** and leaves me to run his business 3 days a week while he does other work.

i want to start up on my own but only at weekends/nights untill i can tell him to stick his job up his ****!

anyway a friend of mine is having a house built and has asked me to wire it, i can wire it no problem but i want to give him a cirtificate, i have rung napit and nic with regard to joining one of there schemes and got 2 very different answers.

nic are saying with the qualifications i have i can join there domestic installer sheme after passing my assesment, napit are saying ruffly the same but they say i can do a periodic.

now i havnt got my 2391 as yet, im thinking of going for my 2392 first, i can test but i want to really understand the rusult rtc rather than just hitting the test button.

so if i was to join one of the above schemes and gained my 2392 would i be ok to do a periodic?

and with regard to my mates house issue a instilation certificate?

sorry for the long post... i just want to know im doing the right thing.

thanks in advance :)

I wouldn't join them for just one job, TBH.

If he is having a house built then the electrical installation would be included with the LABC to I & T.

;)

I think he may be thinking more long term

You can join any scheme provider by passing the assessment and holding the correct gear (multi function tester, regs etc etc) which im sure you will have no problem passing, then I suggest you continue your training whilst you carry on with your chosen career choice.

I think the 2391 would give you the neccesary theory for inspection and testing so go for it :) and as for PIR's unless specified by the customer no scheme needs to be involved so long as you are competent to complete one.

hi guys many thanks for the replys

i was thinking long term about joining a scheme not just for that one job lol

i want to try and run my own business along side working for my current boss, but for obvious reasons i want to be part of a scheme and can issue a certificate for jobs i have done.

going back to the periodics, you say i can do one without having any qualifications i just have to prove to be compitent, obviously the 2391 proves it but does the 2392 prove it?

thanks again

No qualification proves it as such, competency can be attained in many ways but if you feel unsure of carrying them out then 2391 sounds a safe bet;)

good luck ;)

Latest posts