bit of cctv help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringy

Reaction score
hi guys

went to look at a job today, guy wants 3 cctv cameras fitting onto his garage looking onto his house.

he also wants to look on his pc and see what the cameras see, now i belive you can get a system where the dvr recoder can be hooked upto your home network. but he also wants the dvr to be wireless.... he wants a lot lol

he also wants it cheap as possible......anybody know where i could get a system that suits his needs?

thanks guys

Not done any cctv work before but I have heard about systems that are linked straight to the pc, then the camera's can be viewed from the pc, recorded straight onto the pc harddrive, and depending on system you can get the system to email alerts and can also be viewed over the internet. Now i presume when you say wireless you mean camera's? if so you can get network camera's that are ip rated for use outside. Again not seen this system in use but read about it in some magazine somewhere. Sorry i cannot give you any details of where to find such a system or prize but this might jog a memory of someone with more know how then myself.

hi kr thanks for the reply

sorry i didnt explain properly, the cameras can be wired but he wants to transfer the signal off the cameras to a dvr maybe then from there wireless to his house, idealy to watch it on his pc.

cant get a phone socket to the garage so has to be wireless through his home network.

cheers

all of the dvr's that i have installed can be connected in the way you want, all you will need is a telephone point near the dvr then install a wireless roughter to the dvr.

The video can be veiwed through software from any pc with internet connection anyware in the world.

hi mate

is there any way of hooking the dvr upto the wireless network? with a wireless adaptor or something like that?

its near impossible of getting the phone line to the garage

thanks matt

the dvr needs to connect directly to the internet through a router.

if you PM me i will give you my mobile no it may be easier to discuss over the phone

hi guyswent to look at a job today, guy wants 3 cctv cameras fitting onto his garage looking onto his house.

he also wants to look on his pc and see what the cameras see, now i belive you can get a system where the dvr recoder can be hooked upto your home network. but he also wants the dvr to be wireless.... he wants a lot lol

he also wants it cheap as possible......anybody know where i could get a system that suits his needs?

thanks guys
try geovision pc based cctv

Try ebuyer as it has some good deals on Wi Fi cctv systems ideal for domestic use,

If he has a wireless router in the house and it is in range of the garage problem solved.

Bass is best

I have used these people in the past to install a 6-camera system..

That was wired.. Not wireless..

http://www.cctvukltd.biz/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=CL

but their website has some stuff on wireless kit?

http://www.cctvukltd.biz/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CL&Category_Code=WirelessCCTV

may be worth looking at.. or even give them a call

they were very helpful with offering advice on what best options were?

I had to put in 6 cameras in a youth centre..

able to be to be viewed on 4 monitor TV's.

2x cameras only to two monitors

2x cameras only to the other two monitors

2x cameras to ALL 4 monitors..

scrolling screen jobbies!!

and this was a charity run youth centre so budget was limited!

also on fault replacement work.. replace camera on external pole monitoring automatic driveway gates...

Read spec off back of existing camera they advised the best value equivalent replacement.

as don't do CCTV all the time hard to keep up with what kit is available..

and so need someone to ask.! :) ;)

its been 18months+ since done CCTV?

I assume they are still in business? ?:|

(hope me words are all in right order.....

just had another one of these! Guiness Drink

and nearly midnight!!:pBlushing)