Boiler setup

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acdcblacksnake

Reaction score
Hi I need some help on how to wire up this nightmare... (They're usual sparky had an argument with customer and left job)...Trying to help a mate out, just not done boilers before...

Property has a Greenstar external 18/25.
Hot water and heating running off a Honeywell DT9400C and BDR91...
Has just had underfloor water heating fitted to a Hetta wiring centre...

Pretty much need to know what goes where...been playing about for a while and its really frustrating now 🙄...

Will try post pics of devices.... hopefully someone can tell me where all wires go?
Much appreciated for any help in advance...cheers

Pics are just google images, the pictures i took are too big to upload...cheers.546EB46E-940F-4108-8121-F3AAFD983EE8.jpegBDR-91 - Image 01.jpgScreenshot_2022-06-12-13-01-19-70_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

To wire a heating system with UFH needs a full understanding including how it is all piped, what motorised valves and pumps are in the system, what zones the UFH is split into, what room thermostats you have, what programmer you have, what hot water tank and thermostat etc etc. Only then can you start to design how to wire it all together.

This is not a DIY task and not something you are likely to get a full working design for on an internet forum. You need an electrician that properly understands heating systems and UFH (I have met many who don't) to do this for you.

Totally agree with @ProDave
Heating systems that have more than one valve seem to be out of this world to most electrical installers, you need a proper electrician that understands if it's a switch or a load, and doesn't just go looking at pretty looking basic diagrams.