Bonding Water To Rod

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Been to look at a job where British Gas have installed an Earth Rod but they have bonded to water to the rod and not to the MET and its not within 600mm but easiest place possible under the sink.

Is this OK as im going to be changing the board and would prefer the water to be bonded to MET at stopcock or can it be left.

Seems a bit of a bodge to me but BritISH Gas bodging ???

What do you recon

Cheers

Got to be bonded to the met, I've seen this a number of times especially mid terraced I once had a rod for the gas at the front another for the water at back while the cu in the middle was on a tncs .........

Maybe I've read that wrong is it TT? Have they gone from rod to water to cu? Continuously?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it'sTT and they weren't happy with the Ra of the main rod.

I'm tempted to get D Cockburn in to answer this one, he's the resident expert on bonding on  several other forums not a million miles from here.  :D

Sounds like there is one earth from met to rod then a second from the rod to the water. If this is the case this earth needs to be continuous and unbroken rather than two cables linked via the rod clamp

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, now you have lost me. Does a cable come from the MET to the rod, then back to the water under the sink ?
Sorry, now you have lost me. Does a cable come from the MET to the rod, then back to the water under the sink ?
Spot On. Sorry for bad description :)

Latest posts