books

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.

Reaction score
ive already got the 16th electricians guide to buliding regs is it worth getting the updated one?

ive also got the Amicus electricians guide to good electrical practise ,is the onsite guide any different?

dan, ive never seen the amicus electricians guide, but the new 17th on site guide is a must, regards dave

http://www.technicaltrainingsolutions.co.uk/publications.shtmlis this book above more or less the same as the on site guide??
I have never seen that book?

If you are looking at Part p registration.. you will need OSG...

BUT some scheme providers supply a copy of the OSG as part of the enrolment package of documents..

I ended up with a second copy of the 16th OSG when I joined NIC...

Are you still doing any C&G's Dan..

cus as far as I remember REGs & OSG were permitted in open book exams..

but I am not sure that other publications were allowed? ?:| :|

HTH.

SL.

im already part p registered, osg wasnt out when i was accepted so didnt need one so got this amicus book instead, just wondered if there was much difference between the 2 books and if theres any point getting the proper on site guide. whats c&gs mean??

im already part p registered, osg wasnt out when i was accepted so didnt need one so got this amicus book instead, just wondered if there was much difference between the 2 books and if theres any point getting the proper on site guide. whats c&gs mean??
oops sorry make assumptions! Doh!!

City & Guilds "Exams" ;)

no not currently doing any exams its just for my general use.

Maybe oversimplistic but why not go into town and have a look at the OSG and compare. Surley a decent sized Waterstones or Smiths or Borders would have a copy.

Heck get one from the library. Make your own mind up.

Is what I'd do :)

Dan get the OSG mate.

The Amicus books are ok (I had the 16th ed ones) but the osg is far easier to follow & is what you'll need for the next assessment, having said that the yellow book (testing/inspection) was handy to have in the back pocket.

Maybe oversimplistic but why not go into town and have a look at the OSG and compare. Surley a decent sized Waterstones or Smiths or Borders would have a copy.Heck get one from the library. Make your own mind up.

Is what I'd do :)
The Waterstones near us keeps the Regs Books, OSG, & Guidance notes behind the counter!

bit like them naughty mens magazines!!! :eek: :O

you have to ask.. excuse me have you got anything behind the counter for electricians! ;) ; ) ;)

Don't know if its shelf space... of people nicking them!!! ; \ :eek: :^O:^O

The Waterstones near us keeps the Regs Books, OSG, & Guidance notes behind the counter!bit like them naughty mens magazines!!! :eek: :O

you have to ask.. excuse me have you got anything behind the counter for electricians! ;) ; ) ;)

Don't know if its shelf space... of people nicking them!!! ; \ :eek: :^O:^O
But if you put on a long brown trench coat and a fake mustache and ask nicely at the counter I assume they'll let you look at them?

(The OSG not the dirty mags Blushing)

i didnt know you could buy the osg in a normal bookshop so i will go look round wh smiths when i get chance. look before i buy;)

i didnt know you could buy the osg in a normal bookshop so i will go look round wh smiths when i get chance. look before i buy;)
You will probily need to order it as over the last couple of years that and the regs book have been not on the shelves and have been told you need to order it.