Broken Tv :(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All, Got to go out in a second, so just a quick one!! As has been mentioned, the sale of goods act is the thing... At one time it was "merchantable quality" now though, it has been beefed up to "satisfactory quality"

The test would be, would it be reasonable for a television to only last for a short time like one year... would that be "satisfactory"... Do you think a county court judge would think it "satisfactory" if HIS telly only lasted a year... I think not. I would say that a telly should last at least 10 years. You have a time limit of 6 years [normally] on actions in general, although it is 6 years from the time of actionable cause, that is, when you discovered you had cause to start an action....

Anyway, here is a link to the sale of goods act, or at least a readable account of it!!!!

http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file25486.pdf

Hope this helps!!!

john...

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, will do,

what is a schottky diode?

I understand a normal diode, and a zeneer, but have never had anything to do with schottyky's ,,,,,,,,

also, do I need to use the ferrite rings on each end? I can just stick the existing ones on the new diode with some araldite [or similar] ?

Latest posts