bs1361 fuse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.

Reaction score
just starting a kitchen and the board has bs1361 fuses and i want to change one to a rcbo,its a hager board is it just hager stuff that will work?

MK looks similar in size to the hager stuff.

Recent rules mean that a board should only be populated with components of the same manufacture.

Usually, other makes will fit; and, technically should work.

However, different manufacturers comply with EN60439-3 (annex ZA) in different ways, making it difficult for YOU to prove compliance, unless you stay with the same maker.

As an added point, more aesthetic than anything else: It looks better, in my opinion.

KME

Concur, KME.

But sometimes from a maintenance point of view this is not always possible.

Don

Recent rules mean that a board should only be populated with components of the same manufacture.Usually, other makes will fit; and, technically should work.

However, different manufacturers comply with EN60439-3 (annex ZA) in different ways, making it difficult for YOU to prove compliance, unless you stay with the same maker.

As an added point, more aesthetic than anything else: It looks better, in my opinion.

KME
what rules?

has EAWR been updated without me looking??????

fair enough.hager it will be? shouldnt have any probs changing from a bs fuse to an rcbo you think? first time ive come across these fuses so its new to me.

hager can sometimes be a ******** to put RCBOs in on single phase board.

you may find that once you fit the RCBO you can no longer access the Neutral bar....

Doesn`t seem to occur on the newer boards m8.

r.e the "rules" - I haven`t seen that one for myself m8 - two seperate sparks mentioned it in conversation. When I find out (and I WILL), I`ll inform you.

I only have the 89 version of EAWR & thought that this was current?
'Tis, that I know of. :( (That is the version that I have too).