Business is Drying up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CALLING ALL FORUM MEMBERS WHO CARE!We need to help *welsh wizard* out here guys.

He seems to have been "dumbstruck".

Tonights recent posts include "Pfft"; ":| and :eek:

What do you think? Doctor? Vet? 1/2oz lead?

a concerned forum member.
Gosh, looks like the wizard ,has got smiley syndrome.......

(As you know, I've had this for a little while now: O)

( :| )

Evening guys.....

I'm in dorset and iv'e been quiet for a couple of weeks but same thing happened last year...all i did was call a couple of sparky mates and subbied to them for a few days......was quite nice actually to just turn up at work and not worry about all the things you have to normally whilst doing your own.

But now....well enquires daily and work in the pipeline for next 4 weeks, which suits me fine.

But talking to the local wholesalers(CEF) they said they were down

Got home to two messages on the answer phone one from a rather well spoken lady

" Hi we are looking for an electrical company that will be able to take on a full re-wire & you have been recommended (me thinking yes no probs nice little domestic re-wire next month will be nice), the re-wire is needed on a two storey office block, give me a call back on Monday if interested"

:eek: :| :| :( :_| :_| I'm only a one man band.

Never took anything on this big.....................but boy the temptation is building to say ok? :|

Second from the local school

" We are having a self financed single storey recreation building errected & as you are a parent of a pupil want to know if you'd be willing to put a quote in for the electrical work"

Blow me if the nipper didnt get sent home this evening with a letter from the head + a set of electrical layout plans.

They want to buy materials & claim vat back & want me to quote labour only :D

Back later gotta sort the van for tomorrows job.

MMerry xmas and happy birthday :D :D:D:D
I know ....think I'll do the lottery tonight.

To be honest I couldnt belive it, bit like catching that first big double figure carp:^O

Glad I was recommended by someone though, I must be doing something right somewhere :D

I'm definately in two minds about the office re-wire, will give a call Monday & take a look .....cant hurt can it.

Need the kids to grow up & get out with me:^O cant be right making an 8year old pull in cables ...............can it ?:| :^O

and now I do have to sort the kit out for extension job in the morning.

cant be right making an 8year old pull in cables ...............can it ?:| :^O

Why Not? My eldest boy (8 Year old) does it for me. :^O

Send `im down here for a working holiday please. I`ve just been to start a job today. Lighting not originally specified; but they wanted everything checked out. Lighting is in T+E; but many of drops are in singles - no cpc. The cpcs at the switches are not connected to the cpc for the T+E lighting feed!! :eek: :O

So they said Fine; rewire the light while you`re here. Cool. EXCEPT:

They bought house 6 months ago. Previous owners did loft conversion. Me & assistant, 12 hours on site today, to get SOME of upstairs lighting sorted. All the drops are in; but not all the switches. Thank god for super-rods; and curse the bloke who thought up fibreglass insulation.

The access triangles created in the loft spaces either side of the conversion are approx 3` high at the apex; by 2`6" wide.

And I`m 6`7":_| :_| :_|

He`s about 5`8" high - when standing up.

but maybe a little taller laying down:^O:^O:^O:^O

He`s had his share of fishing about in poky little holes today! :^O :^O] :)

Hope he`s not a member here!

oops!!! :eek: :^O:^O:^O:^O

cant be right making an 8year old pull in cables ...............can it ?:| :^O Why Not? My eldest boy (8 Year old) does it for me. :^O
phttt!...

wait till they grow big and drain all your cash. :( :( :(

Got to fetch my eldest, 20, back from Uni on Sunday..

he's home for just over a week..

Then Ive got to take him to Heathrow to fly off to America for the summer..

One of these camp-America type working holidays!!

Can I temp him to come and pull a few cables, chase a few back boxes..

can I Bo****x!! :_| :_| :_|

I am just the TAXI! :( :eek: :O