C&G and EAL combined

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathew

Reaction score
Unusually maybe, my local college runs both C&Gs and EAL courses in electrical installation. However, I wish to study in the evening, and the only courses run then are C&G Level2 and EAL Level 3. My question is, is it possible for qualification and to gain work experience, to do both these one after the other? Thanks in advance.

I have emailed them but wanted to get the perspective of those actually working in the field. I find with colleges that you simply have admin answering questions, often knowing little or no more than yourself, and they do have course places to fill, call me cynical.

I have emailed them but wanted to get the perspective of those actually working in the field. I find with colleges that you simply have admin answering questions, often knowing little or no more than yourself, and they do have course places to fill, call me cynical.

Going back a fair few years... rather than just a general admin bod, you used to be able to contact the specific head of department for the course you were interested in...

I know I did in the dim distance past.. back in the days of phone calls, letters or personal face to face visit..

May be worth trying?

Going back a fair few years... rather than just a general admin bod, you used to be able to contact the specific head of department for the course you were interested in...

I know I did in the dim distance past.. back in the days of phone calls, letters or personal face to face visit..

May be worth trying?
Have had this response from admin, she initially said there were no awarding bodies, despite what she says here, it was herself that was confused. I also asked if I could converse with lecturers or dept head. Seemingly by what admin says, you can qualify by doing differing courses to make up level 2 & 3.

"I seem to have confused you with my response. On completion of both mentioned courses, you would receive a certificate form the awarding bodies.

To qualify as an electrician, you can complete qualifications at different levels from different awarding bodies.

Most of our lecturers are on leave at this time however I will forward your question onto the BGLZ team. You may not get a response instantly as lecturing staff are due back on the 22nd August."