C&K Secritech Home Alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee9633

Reaction score
Hi All,

Maybe a stupid qeustion but just wanted to make sure and not to blow myself up etc....

We have one of these internal home alarms from C&K Secritech and I want to get rid of it along with all the motion sensors in the rooms - now I have been up into the loft and removed the main fuse out of the electrcial box, now my question is - is it now safe to cut all the wires from the motion sensors and poke them back into the wall cavities and remove the control panel which sits on the wall in the hallway - tape the wires up and poke back into the cavitie?

My thinking is - if I've removed the fuse then there is no juice to anything? I'm no sparky and have very limited knowledge - so just throwing this out there to someone who may be able to help, Many Thanks!!

When you say main fuse...

Is that a fused spur next to the alarm, or a fuse inside the alarm panel that you have already opened up?

If you have opened up the panel can you see a back-up battery?

Is the entry keypad now dead?  or does it still appear to be operational?

Most alarm systems will have an internal 12v battery to keep the system working if the mains goes off. 

AND the external sounder will have its own battery to keep it making a noise even if someone cuts the wires feeding it..

So if the mains is OFF..

cutting the wires will not give you a shock, just short the 12v battery..

BUT..

you may find the external sounder starts howling!!!

can you get access to the external sounder to open it up?

If yes you may need to cut the wires to the sounder inside the box.

if may be useful to keep an external box on the wall as a "dummy" deterrent, even if it is non-functional!

Guinness     

Thanks Trailer Boy - some great info - lots of questions BUT all helpful....

The keypad entry is totally dead - so I beleive all power  has been disconnected - BUT thanks for the heads up about the sounder alarm - didnt think about this so need to do some more investigation before my Wife has me blown up by cutting any wires that I shouldnt be cutting......

I owe you a pint of that Black stuff....

stay safe - and thanks!