C&K Securitech C023-203 Iss.1 Engineer code.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w0unded

Reaction score
Good afternoon all. 
Brand new member, 1st time poster. 
I have the above installed at home. Lived here ten years and no problems whatsoever. Recently the alarm has been sounding through the night and after some research have worked out the battery’s need replacing. I will replace both, the one in the control panel and also the one in the alarm bell box.  I have them on order and am confident in how to replace them but I have read that in some cases it might lockout my panel and an engineer code would be required to re set it. Is this the case? If so how would I be able to get hold of the engineer code. I have no manual only the ones I find on the internet. 

Thank you. 

You have two chances. One that its still at default as purchased,  see manual.  OR Two there is a means to do a factory reset, see manual. I suppose there is a small further chance you can trace who installed it?

how would I be able to get hold of the engineer code.  

Thank you. 

Speak to the person who installed it originally. If not you could well be working on any combination of; guesswork, trial & error, peeing in the wind, luck of the draw or stumbled across it by chance. No easy answers I am afraid.  (Geoff probably summarised it better).

Doc H. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure the codes can be defaulted on this panel without affecting other programming. You may be lucky and the default engineer code hasn't been changed from 7890