Can anyone help me identify this burglar alarm panel?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiggyDiggy

Reaction score
In the process of completing on my first house and there is a burglar alarm, it appears to be functional and I'm going to get the code.

Can anyone tell me what the box is though as it's quite old, I've looked and theres no obvious branding on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220329_114509_930.jpg
    IMG_20220329_114509_930.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 18
WiggyDiggy, you say you are buying a house, even the smallest house will require something like, back door, front door, landing, main room covered by the alarm. The panel you have taken a picture of clearly only has 2 zones. The idea of an alarm is that each device (Door, movement sensor, shock sensor) has its own zone so when the alarm goes off you can instantly see which device has activated, that panel can not tell you which device has gone off as it only has 2 zones, you would be better off having a brand new alarm installed. The other problem is that panel is old and I very much doubt spares are available for it.

WiggyDiggy, you say you are buying a house, even the smallest house will require something like, back door, front door, landing, main room covered by the alarm. The panel you have taken a picture of clearly only has 2 zones. The idea of an alarm is that each device (Door, movement sensor, shock sensor) has its own zone so when the alarm goes off you can instantly see which device has activated, that panel can not tell you which device has gone off as it only has 2 zones, you would be better off having a brand new alarm installed. The other problem is that panel is old and I very much doubt spares are available for it.
I agree, at this point I just trying to find a little bit more about the alarm so it's something usable. A full replacement is wishful thinking at this point as buying a house is expensive!
Its a new one on me. Perhaps the main control panel may offer more info?
Hopefully, I might not get access to that until completion though as I think it's in the loft.