Cant make up my mind

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Ok got a job to quote on part of the lighting spec'd are 6x suspended (jack chain) 1600 florries, 2 of the 6 are to be EM fittings.

The ceiling is an open joist ceiling at a 15 deg pitch thats going to be white washed.

What I cant decide on is ........ should I go for pvc conduit or FP200

Oh well back to the price list :D

From the info given, I`d, erm.............

On initial read, I was going to go with steptoe here. BUT

Why not use the FP?

I think, on reflection, that would be my choice. (unless there are other factors, which we`re not currently aware of......?)

IMO

4 core FP vs some conduit, also provides the mounts for the jack chain, and stuff either a bit of 3c+ E(properly sleeved of course!) or some singles, vs the cost of FP and time consuming install to keep it tidy and without wobbles plus clips etc.?

would it really be worth it?

I was originally looking at install time; however, when you put it like that..................

You da man. Me a Guinness -head. I accept that steptoe may, in fact, have the easier install method!!!

(have a "scoob" m8) :)

I was originally looking at install time; however, when you put it like that..................You da man. Me a Guinness -head. I accept that steptoe may, in fact, have the easier install method!!!

(have a "scoob" m8) :)
I think you should dip another scoob in your Guinness & send one over for Hercules as well...

he looks mighty lonely in that stable tonight?

I think steptoes been cuttin back on his food with all of these price rises and credit crunches! :( ]:) :eek:

Morning chaps,

All well I hope?

Just to let you know I've quoted for conduit for three reasons

(1) picked the routing & it doesnt look to bad for installing.

(2) customer thinks it'll look good.

(3) I can get shot of the singles I've got stored :^O

The reason I toyed with using fp was purely a lazy thing, i didnt fancy installing conduit around all those bare joists ( i know bad of me but hey I was tired).

If a job is worth doing it's worth doing right I suppose :)

Morning M107 - I would have chose the "White PVC Conduit" too.

Morning chaps,All well I hope?

(3) I can get shot of the singles I've got stored :^O The reason I toyed with using fp was purely a lazy thing, i didnt fancy installing conduit around all those bare joists ( i know bad of me but hey I was tired).

that would do it for me :D

money for old cable !!!!

Morning chaps,All well I hope?

(3) I can get shot of the singles I've got stored :^O

The reason I toyed with using fp was purely a lazy thing, i didnt fancy installing conduit around all those bare joists ( i know bad of me but hey I was tired).

Indeed!. dont want to go givin sparkin a bad name? ;) :D :x :x