Can't remove the M30 Adaptor from the Hive TRV.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebel

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm trying to remove the M30 Adapter from the Hive TRV. I've tried following instructions, it's not working. I've dismantled the TRV, but still can't figure why I can't unscrew it. Or what's holding it in place. I attach pictures of the bit you have to press and instructions.

20220425_175237.jpg

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/B1ZY2eprGVS.pdf
Any help much appreciated.

Correct. You have to press the 'notch' at the back in and turn the adapter anti - clockwise. Doing that, but it just keeps turning.

Correct, but when it screwed in, it makes a clicking sound. Something locks it in place. Just can't unscrew it.

The 'underside' is in a bit of a state, pump pliers etc (very embarrassing).

This video shows the adapter and base of TRV after 9.01 minutes -

But that is a video of what Andy Brown says, it doesn't show what your problem / difficulty is.

But that is a video of what Andy Brown says, it doesn't show what your problem / difficulty is.
The video shows more then a picture of the 'underside' of the adapter would. It shows the 'underside' of the TRV and the 'top and underside' of the adapter. There is something that locks it in place.
So that's only reason for posting the video. I know the TRV is 100% faulty, but I need to remove the M30 adapter. Others has encountered the same problem. There seems to be an 'inherent' design fault.

The 'underside' is in a bit of a state, pump pliers etc (very embarrassing).

This video shows the adapter and base of TRV after 9.01 minutes -

It sounds to me as though you have butchered it somehow...?

And as Richard said an prom you tube video doesn't show what you have done to your valve anymore than my adding a link to all the negative reviews of these valves on Screwfix... https://www.screwfix.com/p/hive-smart-trv-head-white/265GX?

A photo of the actual bit you are struggling with could be of help top someone familiar with these TRV heads..

(from several reviews they don't look the most reliable bit of kit?)

It sounds to me as though you have butchered it somehow...?

And as Richard said an prom you tube video doesn't show what you have done to your valve anymore than my adding a link to all the negative reviews of these valves on Screwfix... https://www.screwfix.com/p/hive-smart-trv-head-white/265GX?

A photo of the actual bit you are struggling with could be of help top someone familiar with these TRV heads..

(from several reviews they don't look the most reliable bit of kit?)
Butchered is an understatement (there are reasons). These TRV's are identical to the Danfoss Eco's TRV's.

Butchered is an understatement (there are reasons). These TRV's are identical to the Danfoss Eco's TRV's.

That's good to hear..

If you are going to butcher something..

Then make sure it is well and truly butchered and/or bu99ered up completely!!

no good doing half-a-job.

:):D🍻🍺🍻🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts