CAT5E wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norv

Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice on where to start on CAT5E wiring. Not done any before. What is it basically used for ? Do you need a central hub ? Any links to some websites explaining the basics would be great. :D

About to network my house. Luckily I did a small install for Sky News which was a short run of CAT6 cable for a TV Rx and Tx link. They supplied me with a 305m box of the stuff which they didn't want back. :^O

So, hopefully, I've future-proofed the house. A pity than none of my computer stuff can't take advantage of the 250MHz of bandwidth! X(

About to network my house. Luckily I did a small install for Sky News which was a short run of CAT6 cable for a TV Rx and Tx link. They supplied me with a 305m box of the stuff which they didn't want back. :^O
]:)

reduce, reuse - recycle. :p

:D

]:) reduce, reuse - recycle. :p

:D
Yes........ In that aspect I am a 'Womble'!

It's amazing what certain clients leave behind or don't want! B)

Yes........ In that aspect I am a 'Womble'! It's amazing what certain clients leave behind or don't want! B)
or one of my distant cousins.

might come in useful someday, I'll just put it in shed with rest of the tat, sorry , quality excess merchandise. :D :D:D

I'll just put it in shed with rest of the tat, sorry , quality excess merchandise. :D :D:D
:) one mans tat is another mans gold ,and whenever u throw it away ,lo and behold u need it soon after ,sods law innit :^O