Certificate for main bonding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, first post... hope it's in the right place...

I've been asked to add / change some sockets and lights in a kitchen / dining area of a house.

I've noticed that the existing bonding to the gas and water appear to be no bigger than 2.5mm (certainly doesn't look like 4mm).

My question is this; If I upgrade the bonding prior to commencing the other work, can I use a minor works cert for this?

Many thanks

OK, however, in this case it's not, it's 3 pages as it's bonding, sockets & lights, so if the power circuits are only on two circuits then 3 pages, if there are more than 2 power circuits then you are up to 4 or 5 sheets.

An MWC is one sheet per circuit, etc.

Potato/tomato.

It's not about how many sheets there are, it's about how many details/boxes you fill in. Also depends on whether you do them electronically or not (and whether your software actually works/saves you time).

Hi Guys (& Girls)

A follow on question for you...

Just wondering if there is such a thing as a single signature EIC?

All of the certs I've come across from the IET and on the net are the standard multiple signatory ones as shown in the book... (BS 7671:2008 Amendment 3:2015) for those following Beetyboop44 :slap

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys (& Girls)

A follow on question for you...

Just wondering if there is such a thing as a single signature EIC?

All of the certs I've come across from the IET and on the net are the standard multiple signatory ones as shown in the book... (BS 7671:2008 Amendment 3:2015) for those following Beetyboop44 :slap

Well ... under a scam/scheme, of self certification there should only be one signature ...

Well ... under a scam/scheme, of self certification there should only be one signature ...

Unless your scheme provider lets you use their terrible software FoC which has at least 3 signatures on it. (I mean seriously, I have just filled out a simple EICR, I wish I would have just done it the old way).

For all of us sole traders it only has one signature, although we have to put it on at least twice to say we've inspected ourselves and we found that the work we did was alright!