Certsure tightens it's grip further?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltonsparky

Reaction score
It's been mentioned on here the other day that certsure are ending the elecsa brand and moving members over to the NICEIC brand.

I saw on another group that the electrical competent person scheme has removed NAPIT members from the listing pages, the post about it in the group was quickly deleted. 

A bit of quick digging reveals that one of the directors of the LTD company who owns the copyright for the site is registered at a Certsure address. Their own site states that this is a list/register open to all competent, registered electricians so what gives, why have NAPIT members been removed? I know of NAPIT members who have the logo next to their NAPIT one, do they now have to rebrand at their cost?

The site for reference, which is linked to via the gov.uk site

https://www.electricalcompetentperson.co.uk/About-Us

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't seen that one.

My big gripe is that the gov.uk site links to the one owned by Certsure, who've now removed NAPIT members from its listings on there, further strengthening Certsure's grip on the industry. If it's a site the government is linking to for people to find registered electricians then it should include members of all bodies. 

I hadn't seen that one.

My big gripe is that the gov.uk site links to the one owned by Certsure, who've now removed NAPIT members from its listings on there, further strengthening Certsure's grip on the industry. If it's a site the government is linking to for people to find registered electricians then it should include members of all bodies. 
I quite agree but the CPSs will never work together

hardly anybody is aware of what the CPSs are and who they represent and as all they seem to do is leach money off us and only act against misuse of their trade marks things will never change or improve 

does anybody actually use these sites to search for sparks?

I hadn't seen that one.

TBH I don't think that any contractors other than Certsure contractors have ever been on that site

TBH I don't think that any contractors other than Certsure contractors have ever been on that site

If you do a search and keep scrolling down a few pages..

you tend to see a few Stroma contractors come up..

Napit used to be on there...

as that was one of the reasons the site was set up in the first place because there was no one single central register..

The original NIC/Certsure one was called  "Electrical Safety Register"...     at www.electricalsafetyregister.com 

:C

If you do a search and keep scrolling down a few pages..

you tend to see a few Stroma contractors come up..

Napit used to be on there...

as that was one of the reasons the site was set up in the first place because there was no one single central register..

The original NIC/Certsure one was called  "Electrical Safety Register"...     at www.electricalsafetyregister.com 

:C

Ahh... yes,,, I'm obviously mistaken

I also did  have a look in my area and couldn't see any NAPIT or STROMA contractors on there....