Cfls - The Truth!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

says-les

Reaction score
Glass                                                             17.79 g                                                             40.78 %                                               Ferrous metal                                                0.5 g                                                                  1.15 %                                               Aluminium--Non-ferrous metal (exc. Al)          0.0133 g                                                           0.03 %                       Cement                                                           2.84 g                                                               6.51 %                     Plastic                                                             9.93 g                                                              22.76 %                                            Electronic components                                  12.24 g                                                              28.06 %                                                   Resin compound—Mercury                             0.0025 g                                                            0.01 %                                                   Other (incl. special chem.)                               0.31 g                                                                0.71 %                        Total                                                                                    43.63 g                                                                                        100 %

This is a table of a typical CFL, now I do not speak for others but I fail to see how such small quantities will pose the problems suggested by “the truth”.

Crop circles are made by radioactive imprints from green men with big eyes.

Conclusion?  The internet is a bad place to gain information!

I think the web site name 'northern truth seeker'   explains it.

now had it come from 'truth seeker'   

but never trust that 'southern truth seeker' either. they can be just as bad them above watford (the north)

:Stir:

What about all them big traditional 4ft, 5ft, 6ft, single twin etc...  florries that loads of homes have had in their kitchens for years and years and years.....

If CFLs are bad.....

the old uns must be positively EVIL!!!!...

But then I can't remember many stories of people dying in their kitchens cuz the florry tube exploded showering them with mercury whilst cooking the breakfast???

:popcorn

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone ever used the florrie tubes you replaced as light sabers as an apprentice?

or was that just me?  :|
No it was just you :slap , Star Wars had not been made when most of us were apprentices :slap

anyone ever used the florrie tubes you replaced as light sabers as an apprentice?

or was that just me?  :|
Truth be told I still get the urge when I see one to pick it up and make "the noise"..........saw the original Star Wars in Bromley as a kid!

What about all them big traditional 4ft, 5ft, 6ft, single twin etc...  florries that loads of homes have had in their kitchens for years and years and years.....

If CFLs are bad.....

the old uns must be positively EVIL!!!!...

But then I can't remember many stories of people dying in their kitchens cuz the florry tube exploded showering them with mercury whilst cooking the breakfast???

:popcorn
[pedantic]

This discussion is about COLD cathode flourescent lights.

The normal 5ft flourescents have a HOT cathode, so are a completely different beast.

[/pedantic]

Latest posts