Changing a light switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricG

Reaction score
I'm changing my current dimming light switch (Anigmo) to a regular light switch (see photos), but I'm not sure how to wire the new switch. Can anybody help?
Thank you. Eric

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-02-05 at 7.41.35 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-05 at 7.41.35 PM.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-02-05 at 7.40.25 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-02-05 at 7.40.25 PM.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 13
The Brown wire in the terminal marked 'L', goes into the top terminal marked 'COM'
The other Brown in the terminal with the cross inside a circle goes into the terminal marked '1WAY'

The blue is not needed, but will need to be terminated into a suitable connector to keep it safe.

The outer two conductors to my eye look like they are sleeved blue and brown with another conductor maybe a grey in the back box.

The outer two conductors to my eye look like they are sleeved blue and brown with another conductor maybe a grey in the back box.
I would expect there to be TWO blue wires there and for them both to go into a suitable termination.
Possibly...

Also.. could be just a single 3core+E brought down into the switch box with a bit of sleeve..?

But without a wider angle photo..

Tis a bit of guess-work and best assumption from the info given..

I do think there is some sleeving going on here..

Trailer boy is correct. The blue cable is a functional conductor only for the dimmer switch to operate. When a normal switch is used it is not required so just terminate in an insulated connector.