Changing access pin code after installing new panel

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjibon

Reaction score
Hi chaps, today I fitted a new keypad to my veritas r8 system, I'm assuming because the main panel battery and mains was turned off for 24 hours the system has reset to factory. 

The code to set the alarm has reverted to 4321 and I'm having an issue changing the set code. I've followed the manual instructions; 4321-prog-60-new code-prog-reset but when I out the new code in I get an error chime and the code does not change, any ideas?

Update* all I can do with the panel is set and unset it, if I enter my user access code which I changed from 4321 to 1234 and press programming, it won't allow me to do anything, for example edit zones in part set suite 1

power being off will not reset the panel, you will have done that. anyway, the default engineer code is 1234, so changing user code to that will cause problems.

Hmm, I tried resetting the factory settings by following code-prog-07 but when I dial in 07 it just chimes like it's an error, can I just reset it all and start again?

So I'm assuming a "user" can access functions such as walkthrough etc and only "engineers" can access functions such as zone suites etc? If so that might indicate the panels locked because I just tried "configuring the keypad" like it advises in the instruction manual it came with which is 1234-prog-09-prog-reset-reset and it wouldn't let me enter the 09 either, I'll call telecom to unlock it

I was hoping that might solve it but only if the engineers code isn't locked

This is what texecom said;

"This would not be the engineer code locked but most likely the codes have become crossed over or mixed up at some stage.  Locking the engineer code is a deliberate action in engineer programming options.

We suggest defaulting the alarm panel back to factory settings and reprogramming the panel"

So what causes the engineers code to be locked? 

Latest posts