Charity Advertising on a Yearplanner *SCAM BEWARE*

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ding dong

Reaction score
Chestnut House in Liverpool produce yearplanners/wallplanners for the Honeyrose Foundation. They ask businesses to sponsor their calendars by buying advertising space on them, it's quite likely they've either contacted you or will do in the future. There is information you need to know if you are considering entering into a contract with them. This newspaper article (amongst others) appeared in the Daily Mirror last year, shortly after publishers Hamilton Forbes were closed in the public interest by the government

Over the past many years I have had the fuzz on the phone pleading for loot.

Now I have 6 points so I may not be the best of people to call, especially as twice I have been 'caught' by 'Safety Cameras' (money machines) where the bar-stewards have set them up right under a 40 mph zone sign looking back into the 30 mph zone.

So I tell me straight - go and set up your cameras elsewhere. I have already 'donated' GBP120 hard earned cash with you boys, bye.

Not had a call this year :D

I got conned by Mcenzie Cambell in 2003, same company claiming to represent KIND kids in need and distress, i said no on the phone but three months later this year planner arrived on my door with my name on it.

I refused to pay up as i never agreed to it they threarened vilocence with balifs and court actoin, bad buisness. X(

Like you guys I have had a number of calls from these low-life scammers.

There are 3 answers that I give, depending on the circumstances:

1. All our charity support is done directly with the charities concerned.

2. The telephone number you are using is registerd with telephone preference service and all calls are recorded.

3. Could you please provide a purchase order number, date, and the authorised signatory's name so we can check the order records at this end?

It is seldom that answers 2 and 3 get finished before the welcome "click" as the scammer disconnects the call!

Pyro.

The other scam is:

'We spoke to you last August, about advertising in our Childrens charity magazine, they are all printed ready for release, we just need you to settle your account'

Or words to that effect... X(

I don't get abusive, but make it obviously clear, I'm not interested or believe tehm..

I had a call from a woman asking for my payment details for some booklets that I'd agreed to sponsor.... X( I dont frigging think so young lady says I.

" well it was a verbal agreement with somebody at your company, so what school would you like the booklets to goto?"

Well that would have been me & only me ..so again I dont think so & with out proof of a signature from me you can whistle.

She hung up :^O

The booklets were a charity thing aimed at anti-bullying in schools.

It just screamed SCAM at me.

Latest posts