Cheap 17th CU's?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaps, I'm not a spark so don't know about these things but I do get CPC catalouges and they have sent me one through with 'deal of the month' 17th Edtn CU's @

Apologies if saying the wrong thing as i am not a spark but dont these things all have to pass a british standard or something like that to be sold here in the uk?

Have you used `em BS? Are than kosher?

EMF - don`t worry mate. Yes, they`re SUPPOSED to, but the cheap copies do get in (and some of the cheap mcb`s are just a switch - no fusing capacity whatsoever). They have all the correct markings; but they`re forgeries.

Apparently, this is also happening with cables.

(best way to be sure - If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is).

I tend not to worry TOO much about the price - at the end of the day, I`m not paying it - the customer is. I`d rather have a well-known & reputable make, than a cheaper board with faults that make it:

1. harder to install.

2. likely to involve callbacks.

3. scare me.

Have you used `em BS? Are than kosher?EMF - don`t worry mate. Yes, they`re SUPPOSED to, but the cheap copies do get in (and some of the cheap mcb`s are just a switch - no fusing capacity whatsoever). They have all the correct markings; but they`re forgeries.

Apparently, this is also happening with cables.

(best way to be sure - If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is).

I tend not to worry TOO much about the price - at the end of the day, I`m not paying it - the customer is. I`d rather have a well-known & reputable make, than a cheaper board with faults that make it:

1. harder to install.

2. likely to involve callbacks.

3. scare me.
I was only trying to be helpful :|

Kme, they looked the part, but i would say they reminded me of a proteus or something similar, the mcbs were no diiferent size and shape wise to wylex and the board came apart, front off, top and bottom slide off leaving just the back shell and din rail so easy access for cabling, decent size too but not sure of the durable quality.

I was only trying to be helpful :|
Indeed m8 - it was taken as such. I`m not saying that they`re tat, `cos I`ve had no dealings with them. That`s why I asked Betty if he thought they were any good. Glad you posted it, m8. :D

Good answer from Kme as allways
Wow, thanks. I try my hardest (until I get inebriated!!!!!)Guiness Drink] :) :eek: :^O

#emf & kme sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.........# :x :x:x:x
:x You WOULD scare me, except I come from the same neck of the woods.... (it must be something in the water!!!!)

Mind mrs. KME though - She may be less happy:_| :eek:

:ODont think the missus would approve
As mine, mate.

only pulling your leg mate :D Have a beer Guiness Drink
Damn good idea. Why didn`t I think of that??