Cheap multi-testers at WF

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This meter is cheap rubbish and anyone purchasing it deserves all the problems they will get from it. I advise to steer well clear as a manufacturing glitch exists on them giving false readings.

No i am not on one. These testers are poor. They have problems but the company says they are being sorted. Phone them up and ask about insulation resistance testing when inductance is present. Buy a good brand like Megger or fluke. You really want to be spending over 500 quid on a decent multifunction tester.

No i am not on one. These testers are poor. They have problems but the company says they are being sorted. Phone them up and ask about insulation resistance testing when inductance is present. Buy a good brand like Megger or fluke. You really want to be spending over 500 quid on a decent multifunction tester.
At last. I must wholeheartedly agree. A cheap tester; IMHO; would be used by a cheap workman!!

For such a good post - I`m going to do it, but I can`t tell you about it. You don`t like me talking about it, apparently.

I have been looking at various meters this weekend as i need to update my own kit, which is a Robin 3 piece set. The main problem is the Loop trips 75% of 6A breakers and 100% of RCBO's. We have a couple of Fluke 1653's and i cant work out how the 1652 is a '17th edition' tester when it has no phase rotation on it ???

I have been looking at various meters this weekend as i need to update my own kit, which is a Robin 3 piece set. The main problem is the Loop trips 75% of 6A breakers and 100% of RCBO's. We have a couple of Fluke 1653's and i cant work out how the 1652 is a '17th edition' tester when it has no phase rotation on it ???
Des it really matter when you can have a seperate device to verify phase rotation for a few pounds? Domestically I thought there was no difference?

The DI-LOG 9073 can do phase rotation. I have two although one got broke the other day when it fell of my steps. I have lost confidence in DI-LOG meters as the 9083p meter i brought at the beginning of the year has gone back faulty. I have replaced it with a Fluke 1652. this dosen't do phase rotation though. I have compared it to a Robin loop tester with D-LOK at home and the readings are very similar. The 9073 meter is .5 of an ohm different so i wonder how accurate it is. I also have a Megger cm500 the readings on this have always been suspect its been back to megger three times and they say there is nothing wrong with it.

Batty

well blimey! :eek: :O

excuse me for butting in here guys but....

I just have to ask.....

Admin.. is this the longest break in a thread before it resurrects itself?? ?:|

KME : 14 May

Slips : 5 Oct.

might of guessed it would be Mr Slipshod!Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

:D :) :)

nearly 5months if slips had waited another 9 days! ;) :_|

Oh by the way Batty...That is one helluva good Avatar m8!

:DApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:D;) :x :xApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley
I was impressed also Applaud Smiley

well blimey! :eek: :Oexcuse me for butting in here guys but....

I just have to ask.....

Admin.. is this the longest break in a thread before it resurrects itself?? ?:|

KME : 14 May

Slips : 5 Oct.

might of guessed it would be Mr Slipshod!Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

:D :) :)

nearly 5months if slips had waited another 9 days! ;) :_|
Its not my fault that the search worked for the first time ever :OApplaud Smiley