Chris

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisg18

Reaction score
Evening all, 

Been passed pillar to post to day, hoping somebody could possibly help me?

I was with PFP Energy, who recently installed a smart meter in my house and then immediately went bust, I'm now with British Gas. My switch went through today. I am on an economy 7 smart meter, and have a storage heaters and thus a 5 point terminal. The storage heaters turn on during e7 hours, as you will know.

I came home today from work, and my in home display said 'welcome to British gas', meaning that the switch had clearly gone through some time in the afternoon.

However, the amount of electricity spent was astronomical compared to usual. I looked around and for some reason, all of my storage heaters were turned on, even though the meter is on daytime mode. Somehow, switching  to British gas has messed up my five point terminal / smart meter, causing my storage heaters to be on during the day time. I don't know what's happened or if can action this on my end, or maybe it will right itself but British gas are being very unhelpful!

Any help would be marvellous

Cheers

Just keep badgering BG every day. Tell them your meter is faulty as it is switching on your storage heaters at the wrong time. Point out you are not allowed to touch it yourself and hint at withholding payment. If you get nowhere I imagine there is an ombudsman you can go to.