Christmas Displays

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i know its a bit early yet, but ive been thinking im finding it more and more difficult to make money at this electrical lark, so im thinking of going into making different christmas displays like trees, sleighs santas etc, on a frame and allowing people to purchase them (made to order only) for them to decorate their houses with, now im wondering how many people would be intrested or think this is a viable buisness as i dont want to go into getting al serious if it doesnt create any interest, let me know your thoughts

View attachment 1379

there isnt one, id really like some advice but at the moment all i feel is im being mocked and just laughed at, im sick of being skint all the time, and you go round garden centres and other shops near christmas time a the amount people buy is rediculous so im juts looking at my idea is it viable or not,

If you can create the same product for cheaper and sell it on cheaper then it is a viable business. Depending how much it would cost you to set up, it could be worth it. Whats it going to cost to knock 5 of these up and get them on ebay as a test and go from there?

If you are going to do it Badge, set up a proper website and don't use a free one.

I was about to say that I was looking at few websites of these, going back last year?, One of those could have been yours?

Also, as stated, don't just stick at christmas items, you will need to earn money all year around. :)

Don't forget the "Hand Made" line on your website too. ;)

HTH?

Admin.

thanks guys im feelign alot more possitive, my plans were to have a halloween section, as well. maybe also like you say a garden lighting section added in the future maybe for next summer time.

good idea, but maybe a better site for selling them (it doesnt look very professional)

the 'home' page is the only link that works - and then you cant get back to the page you linked to by clicking the links on the left... there all 'under construction'

spelling mistake on 'home' page - 'that you get by blarge shopping complexes'

Personally I have no idea of the prices for these sorts of things, or where the best suppliers are for components or ready made up units, but could you try offering complete or customised package, such as design build and install a bespoke lighting display. to supply only a bespoke design or install only a customers own display. There must be some old dears who like having the lights up, but are getting a bit old now for ladder work? What about some flyer's around your local area to help identify any interest? Are there other companies offering what you want to offer?

Doc H.

thats just it doc, ive been looking around and the main sites ive found that make these are in america so my thoguths are if they are made in uk then the importing side is straight out which is a good thing, plus the usa are 120v and uk 230-240v so again now need for any modifciations, one last thing is any display frame can be made to any size and pricing made to suit, i also note the councils are purchasing from some where ?? so will be having a phone round to see where they buy from and if i could offer anything on a more competitive level.

I have worked on the Christmas lights in two local towns, both used Blachere fittings. Also both are run by volunteer committees rather than the council.

I think there could be miles in this Badger. The tricky bit would be cost because you can pick up cheap plastic framed things quite cheaply. Selling yourself as a complete service (planning, erecting, removing) with the fact you are a qualified and insured electrician (add extra out door supply etc) could work.

Not sure that Halloween is a big enough thing in this country?

The other issue would be you'd need some made up or you would be letting people down at the critical time. Maybe approach local garden centres and see if they would let you do a display or even sell your things for a percentage?

Sadly not my cup of tea!

Will you be making them Badge ? Or importing. ? I think there are two options , Flea bay or selling through a retailer /garden centre .

They're not my cuppa tea either so perhaps a bit difficult to see the big picture .

Christmas seems to start in September these days and I'm glad when its over TBH .

I will be looking for a Bright Glow in the burntwood area come christmas time Badger.

Why don't you visit some of the warehouse's around cannock and ask if they would like to take some stuff on a sale and return basis.

And that way you may get somethink from it and they can even recommend an install from your good self which in turn may result in more work with a christmas design or even a garden design if they have decking allready fitted but no lighting.

yes bacon will be taking those ideas on board thanks for your ideas, ive been spending the past few nights just adding things to the site. so hopefully its starting to look a bit more professional. i know the website address hasnt been changed yet but it soon will be :D if anyone wold like to comment now feel free.

CJ's Christmas Shop - Home

Is CJ's your website Badger? There are several spelling/grammer mistakes in it. If it's yours I'll go through a let you know what I notice, but if it's just one you are looking at I won't bother.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:57 ----------

Sorry about that earlier post Badger, I didn't mean to sound so flippant.

I've gone through the first page and messed about with the punctuation where I think it needed it.

I'm hoping to help, not criticize.

Welcome To CJ's Christmas Shop, your one stop shopping experience. This website is a new experience for people shopping for Christmas displays, lights and other Christmas decorations, both indoor and outdoor types. This website has recently been set up and is currently under construction in places, but please bear with us as there are new lines and products being added to the site daily. CJ's Christmas Shop will be taking orders all year so it doesn

thanks Ali, as you can tell im crap at grammar english was never my good point :D what did you think to the rest, if you want to have a look and see if it can be improved then feel free to let me know as any help is really appreciated. :)