city & guilds 2330?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattieb

Reaction score
hi all, was wondering if it was worth doing the 2330. Already have the 2380 and 2391 but wanted to put more strings on the bow. might be made redundant and wanted to do some thing more technical involing motors and panel boards etc.

Hi. I have just completed C&G 2330 lvls 2 and 3 . It is aimed at apprentices really but the qualification at the end is worth it as it just leaves the NVQ part to do to be signed off as fully qualified electrician status . I noted that you have 2391 under your belt which in itself can be a tough one to get through. What experience on the tools do you have ? Are you confident enough to do a full rewire , change a consumers unit basically planning a job . You would cover most of this in 2330 apart from job experience of course and as you are 2391 testing will be familiar as well as filling out the relevant certs . I'm sure others on here will give good advice too so you can decide with a clear mind . To do 2330 lvls 2and 3 it took me 3.5 yrs via the evening class route ...I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope you do too if you choose to do 2330 . ;)

been qualified about 5 years now and done a a few rewires, new builds and testing but was looking for more motor, 3 phase stuff, panel boads e.t.c had little of it on the 2380 course a few years back. trying to see if there is a course that was reconised that covered that sort of stuff. thanks for the reply

hi

ive done 2330 level 2 and nearly level 3 but havent done a nvq

do i have to do a NVQ?

i know i will have to take a am2 exam but unshore of what next

i will be doing 2391 later in the year

cheers

Hi Brazia86

As you are doing your AM2 I would go all the way and get the NVQ that way If you are successful then you will be signed off as a qualified electrician . Which would be an advantage if you want J I B status . Good luck with your training . ;)

Your not classed as a fully qualified electrician without 2330 level 3, and to get that you need 2330 level 2. So yes, it's worth it.