clamp meters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel

Reaction score
Anyone recommend a reasonably priced clamp meter. I have a megger 1552 for all the testing I need for certfication but think a clamp meter would bebeneficial for quick testing of current etc

I have a fluke clamp meter had it for years. Gets kicked about in the back of my van, maybe not the cheapest but value for money is good.

batty

Anyone recommend a reasonably priced clamp meter. I have a megger 1552 for all the testing I need for certfication but think a clamp meter would bebeneficial for quick testing of current etc
Maplin do a resaonable and cheap little number..

]:)

Concur with the Maplins jobby - nice 20A range - small - does the job - under a tenner! Can't go wrong!
20a

20a

20a

do we only do lighting circuits nowadays guys.?

I want to know just how big this shower is that keeps knocking off my 63A mcb,,,, :^O :^O:^O:^O

20a20a

20a

do we only do lighting circuits nowadays guys.?

I want to know just how big this shower is that keeps knocking off my 63A mcb,,,, :^O :^O:^O:^O
Also 200A amp range - but if you want better resolution 20A is a bit nice! Hey - cheap as chips - don't knock it!

Concur with the Maplins jobby - nice 20A range - small - does the job - under a tenner! Can't go wrong!
After reading this thread..

I got one of these little maplin jobbies...

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll306/SPECIALLOCATION/cheepoclamp.jpg

as you say for the price it is a fantastic bit of kit..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=n54fu&source=15

easy to use, small, but reasonably robust feeling..

seems to have quite a positive spring action to the clamp..

basic continuity & voltage checks as well..

Very good to keep in the toolbox for everyday fault finding!

The loop is relatively small approx 25mm diameter.. But..

for domestic/light commercial single phase jobs..

and for the price... you cannot knock it! :D :D

Best clamp meter is this. Expensive but the ability to measure multi-core cables is WELL handy!

I love them. When a trader at a festival argues that they aren't pulling a load to trip the local MCB you just clamp this onto their cable and show them! :^O