Comparison of systems for home solar and battery installation - advice gratefully received

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nc12345

Reaction score
Hi
We are about to get solar panels and battery installed and I've received quotes that are largely comparable on price, but offering different systems/components. I'm a novice in this area so would appreciate any thoughts.
Option 1:
Longi HiMo5 410W panels, G2 GivEnergy 3.6kW hybrid inverter, GivEnergy 5.2kWh LiFePO4 battery
Option 2:
Canadian Solar 410W panel (CS6R-410MS), LuxPower 3.6kW hybrid inverter, Infinity Innovations 6.4kWh battery

Any thoughts on the merits of either in terms of quality of components, aftersales service, easy of use, etc?
I would expect us to be using the batteries as a store for the solar, but also to be charged up on cheap rate overnight energy where needed.
Thanks
NC

Hi NC, welcome

There's a few similar threads like this on the forum presently, suggest casting your eyes over those, to see if they help answer your queries and if not feed any remaining into this thread...

What kWp of panels are we looking at here?

Happy to help out, but to save repetition...

Hi NC, welcome

There's a few similar threads like this on the forum presently, suggest casting your eyes over those, to see if they help answer your queries and if not feed any remaining into this thread...

What kWp of panels are we looking at here?

Happy to help out, but to save repetition...
Thanks, and yes, I'll take a look.
Output for Option 1 was 2.46kW; for Option 2 was 4.1kw (option 2 is trying to fit a few more panels on the roof).

Also, to help you decide, you'll find it helpful to know your present elec consumption per annum.
[Edit: so you can see what proportion you'll save via PV. Hopefully included in your quotes though?]

Last edited: