Complaints form

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norv

Reaction score
Got my NIC annual assessment coming up & need a complaints procedure/form in place. Has anyone got a link to one or is it a case of just having a little book with complaints written on the front of it....

Got my NIC annual assessment coming up & need a complaints procedure/form in place. Has anyone got a link to one or is it a case of just having a little book with complaints written on the front of it....
You can download one from the NICEIC website!!

Just to add...

http://www.niceic.org.uk/other-downloads

there are three usefull download / info ...

NICEIC Complaints Procedure

Customer Complaint Notification Form

Customer Complaint Record

download them...

print them..

stick them in an A4 folder..

stick a label on the front with a title "Complaints Folder"

show your inspector... jobs a goodun!

This assessment buisness is a bit of a nusiance. It means I have to contact customers that I have done jobs for in my area & then invade their houses during the day when they are probably at work.

Can anyone say what sort of things the assessor will be looking for ? I got no problems that I have done the job ok, just wondering. Will it be as involved when they made their first visit when I initially registered ?

I havent done my 17th yet either

This assessment buisness is a bit of a nusiance. It means I have to contact customers that I have done jobs for in my area & then invade their houses during the day when they are probably at work.Can anyone say what sort of things the assessor will be looking for ? I got no problems that I have done the job ok, just wondering. Will it be as involved when they made their first visit when I initially registered ?

I havent done my 17th yet either
Similar to the first visit...

they normally want to check though a sample of your completed elec certs as well.. i.e. to check how you are filling out your certs correctly..

as well as checking your workmanship/competence & certs on the sample jobs you are visiting..

On my last inspection he had a look at a random sample of EIS and MWC...

It is helpful if you have your copies all in one folder..

quick and easy to pick up and look through.

You will need to go though performing the normal tests again.

Safe isolation / dead tests / live tests etc..

They will be checking Bonding / waring labels etc..

so don't mess up on something simple like a bonding clamp without the warning label fitted!

obviously your test instruments, calibration / your regular test record / your check box for verifying instrument accuracy etc..

It may be beneficial if you have details of when you plan on getting your 17th.. e.g. co**** dates etc.. I am only guessing but I reckon that will be a key thing they will be checking on from now on?