Connection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
Evening guys

Just doing a little job for my mate and i have to supply a socket and switch fuse this is to power his light circuit in conservatory.

I have drilled through his wall into conservatory and put 2 2.5mm cables out to keep it on a ring and left the other ends by a double socket where i am takin power from.

My question is can i join 1 leg from the exsiting socket in the back box by crimping it then from that taking a 2.5mm into a new double next to it so i can put the 1 leg in the exisiting socket and the other in the new socket this keeping it on a ring.

cheers;\

Evening guysJust doing a little job for my mate and i have to supply a socket and switch fuse this is to power his light circuit in conservatory.

I have drilled through his wall into conservatory and put 2 2.5mm cables out to keep it on a ring and left the other ends by a double socket where i am takin power from.

My question is can i join 1 leg from the exsiting socket in the back box by crimping it then from that taking a 2.5mm into a new double next to it so i can put the 1 leg in the exisiting socket and the other in the new socket this keeping it on a ring.

cheers;\
yeah, thats something i would do, should be ok but im sure others may disagree, see ya daveGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

i dont see a problem with crimping in a back box done it a few times, as long as its a good crimp

yeah thats the way to go. Ensure that the existing sockets are rcd 'd, if not rcd fcu from existing socket to new socket and fcu for lights. Check that all bond wires are correct csa.

Macca

Cheers guys thought it would be fine.

Yeah the existing sockets are on a rcd and bond wires are all correct size checked all this out

cheers

if the distance is short enough, then only one leg to a single socket and fused spur is ok

if the distance is short enough, then only one leg to a single socket and fused spur is ok
I suppose that is another option but i think he wants a double socket.