Cooker Hood Replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boris358

Reaction score
I have a very old Indesit Integrated Hood Model HI 260 E. 

I need a new one ! as the old one has stopped working. ( i blew it changing the bulb connector....er cough cough )

Dimensions are 60 cm wide by 45 cm high and 27 cm depth.

I need a recirculation model as it is not vented. Carbon filters etc must be easy to obtain.

I have been on line and had a quick look around and I am confused with the fitting and the dimensions of the new hoods etc. 

I did see one advertised at screw fix, but I was unsure as to whether it was a good choice.

The old hood has the wooden front cover screwed to the face plate ( 60 cm by 49.5 cm) and it is connected to the power by a plugged cord.

My ask is....... Are there any kitchen / electricians who could offer guidance / fitting service. I am flexible, if somebody out there could supply and fit great. 

Budget £150 to £200 supply and fit.

Please any help / guidance would be much appreciated.

What you have by the sounds of things is an "integrated" cooker hood pretending to be a kitchen cupboard when not in use.  Something like this https://www.screwfix.com/p/clihs60-integrated-cooker-hood-600mm-grey/640fh?cm_sp=managedredirect-_-kitchens-_-integratedcookerhoods&_requestid=109577

You screw the door blank to the front of it, and it fits between two kitchen wall cupboards.

You have to buy the carbon filters separately to make it recirculating.

If you are looking for someone to supply and fit something like that you would need to post your approximate location.

Ha ha ha .......Thanks Pro Dave!

Yes I forgot my location. Did not even think I would get a reply. My location is in the West midlands B68 8QB.

I am grateful for any help.

Cheers