cooker isolator

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringy

Reaction score
when fitting one is it ok to be mounted in a kitchen unit or does it have to be on show above the work top?

i know about the 2 metre away rule, just not sure if it has to be seen

cheers lads

I don't ever remember seeing anything to say it must be on show ( wait to see on that one ) but generally as it is an isolation switch, immediate access may be required, say, chip pan erupts in flames...( some people still use chip pan and lard, cant get the ultimate temperature for proper chips as most electric chippans only go to 190 degrees) and if it is in a cupboard this may present a problem. if possible i would keep it close and in view.

Macca

Guiness Drink

when fitting one is it ok to be mounted in a kitchen unit or does it have to be on show above the work top?i know about the 2 metre away rule, just not sure if it has to be seen

cheers lads
Often a debating point, my boys fit them to suit, end of.

Unless someone can quote me a regulation?

The Godfather

some people still use chip pan and lard
Beef dripping is truely the way to go......

Apparently, so I have been told, horse-fat is the best thing to fry chips in!

Personally I use groundnut oil. Fry them at 150C until golden and then heat the oil up as high as it'll go and put them back in for a few minutes. Oh, and use Maris Piper soaked for half an hour in water to get rid of excess starch. (Dry them before frying of course!)

Beef dripping is truely the way to go......Apparently, so I have been told, horse-fat is the best thing to fry chips in!

Personally I use groundnut oil. Fry them at 150C until golden and then heat the oil up as high as it'll go and put them back in for a few minutes. Oh, and use Maris Piper soaked for half an hour in water to get rid of excess starch. (Dry them before frying of course!)
My boys get them from the chip shop, much quicker.

Don

i thought you might have wipped them up a quick spag bol or even a pizza godfather

You're trying to seduce women with chip butties?What kind of woman are you after?! :eek:
One who'll let me lick the melted, chip flavoured, butter off her.... ]:)

Are you suggesting that skinny women don't like chips? If they are going to be a bad girl then they usually go all the way!

Often a debating point, my boys fit them to suit, end of.Unless someone can quote me a regulation?

The Godfather
This is also my outlook on the subject.

The cooker switch in my house is within the tall oven housing; which also houses the isolator for the hob.

Glass splashback behind the hob; up th the height of the cooker hood (whose FCU is inside the chimney!)

Nowhere for it to go (within 2M) ; unless it went on the opposite wall!

nothing stopping you putting it on the opposite wall local and visable

is my preference

Other than lengths of cable involved; and if I`d done that, I`d have a row of switches, isolators and socket outlets almost the length of the kitchen.

I always put sockets for fixed appliances inside cupboards; and isolation if required.

Just my opinion, mind

KME

as i said mate my preference dont like the means of isolation in a unit

out of site may do it in my own place but not in a cutomers

double standers i suppose

Fair comment....

I TRY to ensure that I adhere to the same set of values, if it happens to be a paying customer or not.

That said, I`m delaying my own house PIR, as I`ve got a TT with a 14 way CU on a 30mA RCD front end :(

I fit customers with RCBo boards - so I`m looking ay

Fair comment....I TRY to ensure that I adhere to the same set of values, if it happens to be a paying customer or not.

That said, I`m delaying my own house PIR, as I`ve got a TT with a 14 way CU on a 30mA RCD front end :(

I fit customers with RCBo boards - so I`m looking ay