cooker sink placement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Reaction score
I have been given a kitchen rewire and was wandering if a cooker can be placed next to a sink unit? or does there need to be any separation between them?

Thanks in advance.

I assume you mean a free standing cooker/range,

I doubt there is any reg covering this only common sense, I'd say minimum 300mm unit between the two but some kitchens you can't fit everything in like that.

If it's the only place it can go, put the drainer side nearest to the cooker, at least then they won't be able to fill the pans with water while they're on the cooker!

Thanks for the answer Tazmanracer. There is a small unit between them and the drainer is going to be nearest the hob so it should be ok, thanks.

Ikea sell this mini-kitchen in the UK and it has a hob, sink and fridge all in one unit!
Ah but as a safety feature Ikea don't leave a services void behind their units and you therefore cant get the water in the wast out and the electric in! Clever safety feature that. :)

You think you are getting a hob sink and fridge, you're actually buying a very expensive cupboard.......Applaud Smiley

Ikea sell this mini-kitchen in the UK and it has a hob, sink and fridge all in one unit!
according to that page, its made from 'Renewable material (chips).'

so would that be the left-overs from the local chippy?!

maybe if your lucky, youll get the well cooked, rock hard chip made, rather than the lightly cooked chip thats soft...

Badge - it's taken you a month and that's the best you can do? :D
Well I thought Badger's comment was good!!!:DApplaud Smiley

but them I am easily pleased!!!Blushing:D:^O:^O

not the sort wot needs a backward running hoof knife grinder & buffer! :eek:

whilst chainsawing kittens!!! ]:) ; \