Coronavirus

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The following question was being asked in the wholesalers   today ....."  Would you attend if you had an enquiry from the Chinese Quarter ?"  

Its an area of the city centre ,  includes the  Theatres , cinema ,  many restaurants  obviously  and mingles with the Gay Quarter .    

About ten were asked , none would  want to attend   , not sure how many more were asked .    

I wouldn't have gone anyway due to the parking problems , the ever changing    Harry Potter Style  one way streets , the  bus lane cameras waiting for you to stray into  them .        

Hadn't given any thought to the virus TBH.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Declining work because of difficulties with traffic and parking is perfectly understandable.

The linking of UK resident Chinese with the virus is surely totally illogical?  Those people live here; they aren't commuting!

We don't really have a Chinese area around here ......... so I'm not sure how I would react

Having said that we went on 3 trains on Saturday -- the last one was really crowded - and I think that's a far bigger risk - people in transit in a confined space

well whilst Coronavirus is taking the headlines, how about a little perspective? taken from an article I was reading.

Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year. 

so now the question is; would you attend if someone had the flu ?

well whilst Coronavirus is taking the headlines, how about a little perspective? taken from an article I was reading.

Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year. 

so now the question is; would you attend if someone had the flu ?

yep, the whole thing does seem a bit OTT

and the chinese have reportedly issued some report about it. and unsurprisingly, those who are elederly or sick are at most risk...