couple of questions.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andson

Reaction score
1, can you spur off a spur (quite a few sockets to add)

2, 2 cookers in 1 premises, require two seperate breakers is that right.

3, granny flat extension and kitchen probably 80 mtrs from infeed and consumer unit, power will have to come from here, because of the distance do i need to up the cable to 10mm, as its going up in to the loft and down into the flat..

or is there any other way off getting the power there for the cooker other than gas(lol)

cheers ands

1, can you spur off a spur (quite a few sockets to add) 2, 2 cookers in 1 premises, require two seperate breakers is that right.

3, granny flat extension and kitchen probably 80 mtrs from infeed and consumer unit, power will have to come from here, because of the distance do i need to up the cable to 10mm, as its going up in to the loft and down into the flat..

or is there any other way off getting the power there for the cooker other than gas(lol)

cheers ands
1. Depends if the existing spur is from a ring (NO), or a radial (YES)

2. As a general rule, yes.

3. depends on many other factors (cable type, route, load, overcurrent protective device etc etc.) Can`t answer from info given

Guiness Drink

kme,,

thats true about 3, im off to bed will give more details tommorow.

chers ands

We'll bloomin eck...

had a busy day yesterday... Got back from work a bit later than norm... had a read thro new posts etc..

Was just about to reply to this thread..

(well actually half way through typin and answer)

around ten past one'ish in the morning (or night as Apache prefers to call it!?)

when.. DARK! - BLACK! - OFF! - DEAD! ..............

Twas a Power Cut... the whole area as far I could see (or not see!)...

So my post vanished into nothing.. my connection lost.. :_| :_| :_| :_|

so finished me beer and went to bed! Guiness Drink

ANYWAY...

I concur with Mr KME's points above.. (it don't quite count as pushy shovey)...

If I didn't actually post, push or shove my bit!! :) :^O :^O

1, can you spur off a spur (quite a few sockets to add) 2, 2 cookers in 1 premises, require two seperate breakers is that right.

cheers ands
The only point I would add at this stage to KMEs...

you've obviously got a bit of work to do here...

Why not just extend the ring main properly anyhow?? ;)

Ah ha, So that what happened, Specs.

What happened to your Emergency Genny as automatic backup?

Did you leave it in the caravan?

:D