Covid Jabs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you categorically know that as an absolute irrefutable fact.
Yes, I pretty much do. I tested myself for COVID antibodies around April time. My wife had an awful cough just into the new year - she couldn't sleep lying down. We were sure we had it.

First cases reported very end of 2019. Lots of surveys done looking for evidence of antibodies from old lab samples. Given how contagious the condition is, we would have seen massive spread, hospitalisations and deaths if it was about when you think you got it.

So yes (as a reasonably well-educated scientist) I'm irrefutably sure you didn't have COVID in Nov/Dec 2019. Sorry!

As for how long the antibodies last....

I had Covid back in June,,, I was asked to give a plasma donation before Christmas... last week I had a letter from the Blood donation service saying that my antibody levels weren't recordable ,,, so while the'd like me to give blood again, they won't be taking it for a plasma donation

• SCOOB
Reactions: UNG
Yes, I pretty much do. I tested myself for COVID antibodies around April time. My wife had an awful cough just into the new year - she couldn't sleep lying down. We were sure we had it.

First cases reported very end of 2019. Lots of surveys done looking for evidence of antibodies from old lab samples. Given how contagious the condition is, we would have seen massive spread, hospitalisations and deaths if it was about when you think you got it.

So yes (as a reasonably well-educated scientist) I'm irrefutably sure you didn't have COVID in Nov/Dec 2019. Sorry!
So you picked one part of my post to answer and as with most of the science on covid there still remains over 12 months since the first admitted UK cases of covid one hell of a lot of unanswered questions because may be there isn't an answer for them yet

Last time I checked a calendar November and December are always at the end of the year and I'm wondering what R rate would have been needed to get to your predicted armageddon, again how many people in the UK were carrying it showing no symptoms at the time, when I first fell ill I didn't leave home for 5 weeks so I was not spreading it

I think NozSpark's post hits the nail on the head with antibodies, exactly how long do the antibodies last in the system is it a week, a month, three months or could it be six or 12 months take a 100, 1000 or even 10,000 people who have had covid it would be interesting to know the degradation of antibodies on a weekly basis and then is it down to blood type or other medical factors how long they last

So yes I'm still looking for irrefutable evidence if the best you can come up with is surveys of OLD! lab samples which scientifically sounds dubious to say the least

As for how long the antibodies last....

I had Covid back in June,,, I was asked to give a plasma donation before Christmas... last week I had a letter from the Blood donation service saying that my antibody levels weren't recordable ,,, so while the'd like me to give blood again, they won't be taking it for a plasma donation

It doesn't necessarily mean you are at risk of catching it again, the anti-bodies may well have gone as they havn't been needed for months, but the memory of how to make them persists much longer

maybe it has been going around for a while but it wasnt as contagious as more recent variants so spreading was a lot slower and limited

I heard a form of pnumonia was knockng about prior to covid turning up. 

Canoeboy said:
Forgot to say my dad had his vaccine 4 weeks (maybe 6) ago, he had a sore arm for 12 hours and that was it, nothing else, he had the Pfizer Jab
I'm back, you're back! It's like the olden days!

I have known a couple of people that have had the Astra jab and had bad effects from it. Wife’s just booked hers for two weeks time, not sure what version of jab it is though. I’m hoping it’s not the Astra one as she suffers badly with a cold never mind all this has to throw at you. 

Had my 2nd (Pfizer) on Thursday. Slightly sore arm (uncomfortable to sleep on it) but other than that I feel fine

I wish This thread had not been bumped.  I am booked for my first jab on Saturday.  Now looking forward to 2 days of feeling like 💩

Status
Not open for further replies.