CPC definition

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seajayess

Reaction score
:) :)Hi all does anybody know the answer.

On the NICEIC test papers under the column CPC size ie 1.0mm / 2.5mm what would you put if the CPC is the steel wire on SWA. Thanks CJS

If iam using SWA I allways run a seperate CPC ( buy 3 core and mark it G+Y ), I donnt like to use the armour I have seen some that have been dug up and would rather be safe than sorry.

regards NWDS

Not installing SWA, I am doing a periodic on a industrial factory and the SWA is already there. Some is alredy being used as CPC but some have no CPC at all 3 phase socket outlets as well. And I also would normally overlay the CPC but as it already in place stuck with it :_|thanks CJS

Here is a good web page relating to SWA and the suitability of the armour as CPC.

So good it should be a 'sticky' and referenced to the original website.

Admin and AD2 take notice! :x

Here is a good web page relating to SWA and the suitability of the armour as CPC.So good it should be a 'sticky' and referenced to the original website.

Then post it under useful links mr sworld :^O

Here is a good web page relating to SWA and the suitability of the armour as CPC.So good it should be a 'sticky' and referenced to the original website.

Start A thread up with an eye catching title and it way well be a "Sticky" thread?

:)

That is one hell of a damm good link there Mr S!!!!

just skim read a few sections of it..

most impressive!!

Scoob worthy I think! ;)

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

as a general rule of thumb SWA up to 25mm is fine to use the amour as the cpc without calc, depending on length obviously, tho personally after 16mm I use a separate earth and thus avoid calcs of any kind.

Mark it down as "swa" m8 - the conductor size is given, so it can be worked out if req`d.This is the way it is put on "other" forms, which are NIC compliant.

HTH

KME
That is what I put down just wondered if it was correct thanks CJS