CPC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWDS

Reaction score
Evening fellas its this assesment that is getting my goat, I have to run a 10mm cpc to the rear of the property, my question is that I will have to drop the cpc in the kitchen ( solid floors ) and the cpc will need to be chased into the wall, the water is under the units. My question is has any one been pulled up on this not being mechanically protected by steel conduit etc, cannt seem to find it in the red book.

Regards NWDS

When you say CPC do you mean Main Equipotential Bond, have installed this in a chase would put it through oval and possibly run it down a safe zone to save it getting damaged CJS

sorry mate yes Iam bonding the main water its in a crap position, I may have to run it surface externally in tube and ( drill out then back in ) due to the tiles that are fitted.

Regards NWDS

sorry mate yes Iam bonding the main water its in a crap position, I may have to run it surface externally in tube and ( drill out then back in ) due to the tiles that are fitted.Regards NWDS
Nothing wrong with that.

Don

i think if you have a little look in the novel you will surely find the required size of main bonds that are unprotected.

all depends on various supply factors,

but

assuming 25mm neutral on a PME then 10mm main bond unprotected is more than adequate.

and Im the one thats not supposed to know the regs,.,

PFFFFT

i think if you have a little look in the novel you will surely find the required size of main bonds that are unprotected.all depends on various supply factors,

but

assuming 25mm neutral on a PME then 10mm main bond unprotected is more than adequate.

and Im the one thats not supposed to know the regs,.,

PFFFFT
I think you secretly read it every night before you go to bed...

You put the cover of a biking magazine, (or a less reputable mag), over the regs tho to make it look like leisure reading not work!!!! :^O :^O:x

oh by the way..

welcome back m8.. :x ; )

Evening fellas its this assesment that is getting my goat, I have to run a 10mm cpc to the rear of the property, my question is that I will have to drop the cpc in the kitchen ( solid floors ) and the cpc will need to be chased into the wall, the water is under the units. My question is has any one been pulled up on this not being mechanically protected by steel conduit etc, cannt seem to find it in the red book.Regards NWDS
Checkout Dave The Glitz's question and possibly re-consider were the bond needs to be