Customer street scam!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
The following has been taken from another forum (im sure they wont mind :p ) but I thought it would be worth posting just incase you are thinking of signing up.

"I signed up to Customer Street after they told me I would be guaranteed 30+ jobs a month and that I would more than likely get more work than I could handle.

When something sounds too good to be true it normal is, as it was in this case.

Six weeks down the line and not a single phone call form a customer so I phoned up Customer Street who have put my name, residential address and mobile phone number on the Internet for the whole world to see without my permission and asked for my money back.

Three weeks later one of their sales reps tries to convince me to stay with them offering discounts etc etc. I say no thanks just give me a refund. After they try several more times to convince me to say on without success I get my money back.

The next day I get a call from Trading Standards. The say to me

Dam i wished i had joined this forum earlier..... i have also singed up to Customer street and yes exactly the same story...

Craig

I have quite frequent e-mails..

telling me my on-line banking has been frozen due to suspicious activity..

and that I need to follow.. "THE MAGIC LINK";) :eek: :^O:^O to update my details! phtt! :|

The best laff...

most are from banking institutes where I do not even have a physical account ..

let alone an on-line access to it!!!

The only worrying thing is...

there must be some people who ACTUALLY follow these links?

otherwise "captain scam phisher" wouldn't post em out? :( :(

Talking about scams, I've been getting some fantastic e-mails from dead relatives and wealthy dictators. It appears that i have trillions of billions of pounds all over the world, waiting for me to collect.
Could you lend me

Specs and Locks, Exactly the same here, Chaps. And on a daily basis too.

Yep I get the bank one daily & dont have an account with them either.

Oh yes & i'm also due a share of a small fortune from some african gaffe if I give them my bank details so they can deposit a large sum of cash..........yaaaaaaaaawn....yeh right.

I think we all get those. Awhile back, I set up a dummy email address, which I never used or gave out ANYWHERE. For sixteen days, it lay dead.

Now, it recieves, on average, THIRTY emails a day. It`s bank account is frozen, I`ve won a consolation prize in the euro jackpot sweepstake gamble, of

I have a dormant e-mail account just for the web sites that ask for one so they can send u quotes etc.....and carefully selected companies

i want to know why

these carefully selected companies think i need a #### enlargement ?????

:(

No Comment.
Admin

Am i to believe from that reply you are exercising your right not to answer the question

would it then be fair to assume you are one of these carefully selected companies ?????? ;)

its becoming clearer ......... :eek: