Customers. you have to laugh.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Todays little job was replace 2 broken sockets upstairs.  I asked the customer where the CU was and turned off the power, went up to do my work.

5 Minutes later I hear the customer downstairs on the phone I obviously could only hear one side of the conversation:

"My internet appears to have stopped working"

"My phone says unable to connect"

"No there are no lights on the router at all, it's completely blank"

"Well there is an electrican here doing some work, could that be it?"

Todays job...

Swapping a CU..  (its one fitted in an outdoor meter box..)

been there probably a couple of hours...

when the customer pops outside to see how I am doing..

and mentions...  The fridge freezer is off?

All I can say is...  oh Yes... ALL power is off at the moment..

(without saying you stupid idiot, I told you when I started ALL power will be OFF for a while!!)

:popcorn

Todays little job was replace 2 broken sockets upstairs.  I asked the customer where the CU was and turned off the power, went up to do my work.

5 Minutes later I hear the customer downstairs on the phone I obviously could only hear one side of the conversation:

"My internet appears to have stopped working"

"My phone says unable to connect"

"No there are no lights on the router at all, it's completely blank"

"Well there is an electrican here doing some work, could that be it?"

:slap brilliant!

Had one a few years ago the customer rang me a few days before I was due to start a rewire asking would all the power be off while I was doing the work, my response was there will be at least one double socket live for most of the job I was then asked how could I be so certain my reply was for the kettle and the toaster to be plugged in. Must admit they were one the best customers I have ever had good sense of humour and plenty of banter made the job a lot easier as well as a good supply of brews and biscuits